Stats, stats and more stats!

As some of you know, I have set up a health diary to record my progress this year.

I have set some goals based on improving my health and therefore my fitness and weight.

Well I have always been one for stats and data... yesterday I started to have a look back at my fit bit. Wow! What a valuable tool it is! I was so excited I had to share! ๐Ÿ˜Š

I have taken lots of the data and transferred to my diary so I can compare each week or month as I go along. (I like to beat previous achievements! )

So I now know the steps I took in each month and the miles I travelled. I also know the total number of minutes of continous activity by month. For all these 3 areas I therefore know the total for year and last year's daily average! (Daily average steps was 5909 for example, so my goal is 10k steps a day but an absolute minimum has now been set at 5909! )

I have also noted my average weight by week for each week last year. What an eye opener that was!

For all my on off efforts last year I basically over the year stayed the same... well at least I didn't go up!

Although stepping on scales this morning, I have already beaten last year's heaviest weight... yikes... but come Monday I will start the health push and hope to make some new records that are somewhat lower!!

So excited!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Wow Asics, impressive stuff! :)

There have been a lot of questions concerning the pros and cons of fitness gadgetry, so I hope you'll get out on the forum and extoll the virtues of the fitbit :)

This is one subject that I don't get involved with as I don't own any gadgets at all, not even a smart phone :)

Enjoy!! :D

• Will do! Will update on the use of all these stats too.

On another note I loved the idea for the stand for your bike so you can use indoors too.

Do these fit any bike or do you need a specific bike?

Thanks moreless! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• The stand I have fits a bike with a wheel size of 26 - 28", I guess if your bike is a different size to that, you may have to get a different stand. Mine is a Volare Elite.

You may also like...