My MSAA Community
3,934 members โ€ข 8,189 posts

My legs will not hold me

My hope it is my bad uti Severe spasms in my sore painful legs . My arms are so sore from trying to hold myself up to pull o. My pants after getting on the toilet. To climb in my bed is horrible.

16 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Sorry ๐Ÿ˜ to hear you are having so much problems ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ My prayers are with you and hope you get feeling better soon ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ๐ŸฉKen

7 likes

Oh my, itโ€™s bad enough feeling worn out, without doing small tasks to make the situation worse. Sending love and prayers your way, praying for strength and energy, blessings Jimeka ๐Ÿฆ‹ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿซ ๐Ÿค— ๐Ÿ™

10 likes

I hope you feel better! Try to stay positive and think of something that makes you smile. I joke about my symptoms to get me through. I cannot get in the bed on a regular. I have to use a step stool. Sometimes i try to do something and that body is like nope! What you think u doing? Nothing, go sit down! Oh you think u putting on some jeans today. Nope hands too numb for u to button! Try again next time. Yeah its silly, but i have conversations with this body. Rather its a psuedo-exacerbation or a true MS relapse. It ain't fun!

11 likes

Sorry, hope things get better soon!

10 likes

Thank you so much. L

2 likes

Hi SwissmissLAURA I love your name๐Ÿ˜Š

I'm sorry to hear about your diffulcultlys, I'm wondering is there anyway to lower your bed? It's an idea.

I am glad you are here tho! I'm sure you will make many friends!๐Ÿ˜Š

J๐ŸŒ 

7 likes

Your thoughts-is a king - if I had someone take off mattresses the box springs - then slats /no then dividing bar/ wonโ€™t work~ but good thoughts-lmf

3 likes

I would say a stool, but I don't think that would help if you can't step up on it. Hmmmm I'm thinking.... ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿค” ๐Ÿ’•

2 likes

I'm sorry you're struggling. I'll be praying that your UTI resolves quickly and that you get your legs back quickly, too.

5 likes

You are do kind Thank You but it is scarey in my electric wheelchair ~ will know more when I c my MS Doc on monday- Thank You So Much -Swissmissme

3 likes

I'm sorry your struggling because of your uti. Seems anytime we get an infection of any kind our bodies get out of whack with everything :( Hope you are back to your 'normal' soon.

Jessie

3 likes

Thank You but it is scarey in my electric wheelchair ~ will know more when I c my MS Doc on monday- Thank You So Much -Swissmissme

3 likes

That sounds pretty uncomfortable, sending you prayers of healing and relief. Have you checked with your doctor about antibiotics or drinking lots of Cranberry juice? Feel better soon.

4 likes

SwissmissLAURA Sorry about all of your discomfort. They sure don't tell us about all the negative problems of MS, related to other health issues in all the research. I finally got to reach my toenails for a trimming & buffing, then had spasms and charlie horses for about 6 hours after. that was a first time experience for me. I sure hope you get some relief very soon and your appt tomorrow goes very well.

1 like

Hi and thank you ~ u should try Dr Bonnerโ€™s leg spasms pills there is quinine in them I am out of them now but they work ~ I had gotten them at target or Walmart- Charlie horse and spasms are so bad with this my skin is bruised where rhw Muscle is on my leg- MS is like dragging a brick wall everywhere u go ~ this no legs is hell- I hope and pray my MS doc fixes or it is permanent I canโ€™t go there yet- Laura

I had been struggling with uti infections. It always effected my legs

Then one night I broke into a high fever could not move my legs at all. Fell onto the floor trying to get out of bed. Waited several hours for help.

Hospitalized I was diagnosed with a kidney infection caused from a untreated uti. I never had the symptoms.

A friend of mine that had a spinal cord injury, was getting a lot of Utiโ€™s gave me this recipe that has worked for me

I started a routine of taking 1000mg time release Vitamin C 1x daily combined with Methionine / Hipporate 1 mg 2x daily

It works!

You may also like...