Clonopin vs Xanax or valium

I was diagnosed with MS on my birthday in 2003.

I have anxiety/ anger issues since 2010. The Dr started me on clonazepam (generic clonopin) .5mg 3xs daily. It started out as anxiety attacks. In 2014 my anxiety was a normal anxiety attack and then to anger.. my Dr has changed my depression meds a few times to see if there is a change. There was for a short time then back to anxiety with anger.

I am curious. Do others that take Xanax or valium have the same problem? What has your Dr done to change your issue or has it changed?

I am curious if I have become immune to the clonopin

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Over a course of. About 12 years my psychiatrist tried every thing imaginable on me for depression and anxiety. Xanax helped on anxiety but it triggered my anger. Its crazy I know but while I was taking Xanax I had a hair trigger. Since then I've cut loose my psych and all meds and doing great except for my occasional ms outburst.

Donnie

5 likes

You can become tolerant to anything in the benzodiazepine class, maybe discuss taking a tolerance break with your doctor so it will work for you again.

2 likes

Thank you I will ask her about it!

I have been in and out of Therapy since my thirties, for various reasons, the best thing that I am taking right now and in the past has been Zoloft. When I get overly tired I still get depressed. I have been unable to really find a Therapist/Psychiatrist that deals in MS. I take Valum at night along with my Baclofen for the spasms in my legs. I have tried going off the Zoloft, but I do feel worse with out it. I no longer am taking any MS drugs, just treating the symptoms, because I can't. There are just some things that I have told myself, that ya just gotta accept with this disease, fatigue, depression, pain and people not understanding you. I hope you find help with a Therapist that may have some knowledge of MS, and gets you on some type of med that will help you. I will ask God's guidance for you. Good Luck

1 like

Thank you for your insight! Unfortunately I can not take Zoloft.

1 like

You may also like...