Old Syndol for migraine

Hi All,

Does anyone remember Syndol? A few years ago this drug was available from chemists but then disappeared and lost the license. They changed the ingredient and then relaunched but it doesn't work anymore. However, I believe the old version is still licensed in USA and Australia. Does anyone know what the American name is? I'd really like to find out so that I can get it when I go abroad.

8 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Kirkland sleep aid and one co-codamol 8/500 does the same job at syndol apparently.

You can start with 1/4 of the sleep aid and build it up to your strength.

I seen this on a site called mums net.

You can get old syndol but apparently ridiculously expensive (like $60 a pack ๐Ÿ˜ฃ).

• Thanks so much for this....quite a few years ago the London Migraine Clinic recommended syndol to me and I found it really helpful, so was rather annoyed when it got taken out of circulation. I shall get some Kirkland sleep aid!

• Your very welcome ๐Ÿ˜ I'm going to have a look at it too ๐Ÿ‘ interesting reading about it. I can't find anything that stops the pain.

I googled name for syndol in USA and mums net had quite a few conversations on it ๐Ÿ˜

Apparently you can get it on amazon ๐Ÿ‘

Migraines give me insomnia so it's worth a try.

Good luck ๐Ÿ˜€

• Ive found it at Biovea website,which I think should be ok. Its always scary getting stuff online, but I'm thinking I shall just take half a tablet to start with and also a paracodol which should be like taking the old syndol. It wasn't as good as a triptan but, was better than any of the other painkillers.

Here's hoping! Good luck!

• PS IMPORTANT: It shouldn't be taken with any other antihistamines.

• I was going to take a trip to costco and see if they have it but i seen Biovea too ๐Ÿ˜.

I noticed a lot of people 1/4 it and their tablets last longer. I think I'll take that route and see how it goes ๐Ÿ˜.

Take care , be well ๐Ÿ‘

• i've ordered it from there and can vouch for it. same antihistamine that was in syndol so essentially you can duplicate the effect with two solpadiene max and half a tab. it's very good.

• A friend got some for me from South Africa and it was still called Syndol, they were migraine sufferers so knew what to look out for

You may also like...