Advice needed: Hi, I'm having major... - Men's Health Foru...

Men's Health Forum (Penis Health)
8,230 members3,445 posts

Advice needed


Hi, I'm having major doubts and anxiety regarding a long standing issue.

I'm 26 now, but when I was 4 I developed an infection on the head of my penis. I don't remember specifics but I remember being examined by a doctor (under my parents supervision), and that I had to have an operation.

That's all I remember, but growing up I noticed an inch long seam on my foreskin, parallel to my penis, as if it had been sewn back together.

No problems during puberty, but when I became sexually active at 17, I noticed that I couldn't retract my foreskin over the head of my penis, under the seam from the operation, my foreskin had attached itself to the underside of the head, about halfway up. I noticed that it was difficult to keep clean, as ejaculate would become trapped there, despite my best efforts. The head of my penis is very sensitive, even when not aroused.

This difficulty in keeping clean has had an effect on my sex life, partners have noticed the seam and one or two have refused to perform fellatio as a result of the odour/taste from trapped fluids.

I'm really concerned now as I've sustained a relationship with someone whom I believe to be the one, she doesn't know I'm anxious about my situation, nor is she aware of it as a whole. It's awkward to bring up and I don't want to have to constantly worry about being 110% clean down there, it's impossible to do with just 2 showers a day.

I'm not willing to post photos of my issue, I'm not ready for that. I'm quite shy about seeing my GP or asking my parents about it too.

What should I do? Should I enquire about my medical history? Should I pursue a medical negligence claim?

Any help would be great.


1 Reply

You may also like...