Post-Meningitis dripping nostril: I am... - Meningitis Now

Meningitis Now
5,405 members1,806 posts

Post-Meningitis dripping nostril

Byng
Byng
7 Replies

I am 8 months Post-Meningitis and have a return of what happened in hospital....constant dripping from right nostril. It is like water, and was checked at the time and is not spinal fluid. It has happened again, after a good recovery, and nasal spray prescribed by doctor does nothing. I cannot go out without a tissue plugging my nose. Any ideas?

7 Replies
oldestnewest
Vmzoster

I don’t know how you can know that it isn’t spinal fluid. They would need to test that. Can you explain why you know this is the case? You could try different allergy medications to see which one is effective in drying the drip fluid.

Byng
Byng
in reply to Vmzoster

Doctor did a litmus test yesterday and said it was ok. They were also supposed to have tested it when I was in hospital. I'm told today it must be a cold. No allergy medicines stop it.

Vmzoster
Vmzoster
in reply to Byng

No fun! I’ve had that drip most of my life so I understand. Started way before meningitis

Byng
Byng
in reply to Vmzoster

Have they ever explained to you what it is?

Vmzoster
Vmzoster
in reply to Byng

Just allergies and really sensitive to cold weather

Twhite9118

I had this too maybe about a month ago, although they didn't test the fluid they did do a CT angiogram and found I had an arachnoid cyst that could be leaking. The cyst formed after I had VM, saw a neursurgeon recently and he thinks I have Idiopathic Intercranial Hypertension as well which caused fluid to leak too. Good luck!

Byng
Byng
in reply to Twhite9118

Ok, interesting. Thanks for replying.

1 like

You may also like...