Post Bacterial Meningitis

Hello Fello Sufferers and Survivors,

I am writing to ask if any of you have had issues with swallowing, voice hoarseness and coughing after eating and drinking.

I am 10 months out. I was in a Coma for 6 days and intubated. My doctor tells me it is from being intubated. I really don't think so, because I have had surgery and have been Intubated before.

Any of ya'll had this after affect? Please advise.

Oh and btw I got my disability for SS so now I can relax and concentrate on getting better.

Regards,

Elizabeth

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Elizabeth, I was intubated for a week as well and had the same problems - hoarse voice etc - and it was definitely from being intubated - it can happen when you are intubated for long periods of time. It just took time. I'm two years on, my voice was really hoarse for about a year and still isn't as strong but it's good enough :)

• Thank you so much for your reply. I guess I need to be more patient. Hope all is going well for you. Regards, EE

• hi hun

I work with a child also who was intubated for a month and she has to now be tube fed and can not swollow. She did not have meningitis x

• Hello, Thank you for your reply. Really makes it hard to complain when there is always someone in worse condition. Blessings on this little one. Regards, EE

You may also like...