Its so comforting to read that its not just me that is suffering with the after affects of VM. Ill tell you my story in a few words as possible.
1. Suffered from headaches, high fever, confusion, dizziness etc
2. Came home from work and my wife said you need to go to hospital.
3. Went to A&E doctor took bloods and temp which was at 39c, My bloods showed a inflamation infection in my body. Painkillers controlled my headache so I was comfortable.
4. Doctor in A&E told my wife that she suspected VM then she told me that I had VM.
5. Submitted to ward were they took my water sample and found a water infection.
6. Pumped me full of IV antibiotics every few hours.
7. 2 x Days later CT and Lumber Puncture were take and came back clear. Once the lumber puncture was clear they discharged me from hospital with a water infection. (No Mention of Vm on discharge notes)
8. Visited GP around 4 times in a month tried to tell me my headaches were due to TENSION! Prescribed me amtrpyline to try and relax me prior to sleeping (it helps me sleep but I still awake with headache) I was off work for almost 4 weeks.
9. I had a ENT appointment booked due to small obstruction on nasal septem this appointment was yesterday and I kinda pinned my hopes on it being something in my nose. Everything was fine and I was discharged from ENT
10. So I was back at square one again so tonight I rang meningitis trust and spoke to them as the "clear spinal tap" had given me confusion. They told me that the chances are the spinal tap would be clear as the IV antibiotics would of helped kill of the virus so she was not surprised things were clear. She was also certain that I have had VM and are suffering with the after affects. Like the nurse said to me on the phone you have to set your expectation with your doctor as they cant really do much for you.
My worst after effect symptom is my headaches on my left hand side I can almost pin point were they start but if I leave them my headaches seem to take over my body! I can control them taking pain killers pretty regularly like now its 23.26 i took my last lot of pain killers at approx 17:00 and my headache is starting to come back strong and i know if I dont take painkillers before bed Ill wake up with a bad head in the morning!
I know my symptoms and my story are not as bad as some I have read. But it really gets me down having constant pain in my head!
What did you guys all do to help relieve your headaches? As I'm willing to try anything?
Hope someone can give me some pointers.
Thanks for reading my post and thank you for your support.