Oh yes!! : Scuse the drowned rat... - Marathon Running ...

Marathon Running and Race Support

2,172 members β€’ 5,333 posts

Oh yes!!

SW16
SW16Half Marathon
β€’26 Replies

Scuse the drowned rat impression, though I did have my own personal umbrella holder after the finish ( pity ds couldn’t have kept up with me all the way roundπŸ˜‚) I’m sure the Royal Parks are beautiful on a proper autumnal day- such a shame because there’s alot of great organisation gone into this event. Lots of sightseeing on the way round and running down the Mall is a tingly moment! The crowds were amazing- I’d forgotten what its like to run through walls of sound and my arm aches from waving to everyone who shouted my name, such a boost.

So, from starting C25K 12 and a half months ago to a HM, with an achilles injury putting paid to 4 weeks peak HM training in the middle! I couldn’t have done any of it without the wise words and support of this forum. How on earth did I run for 2hrs 30mins and ( a pesky annoying )4s? Absolutely chuffed!

26 Replies
β€’
SW16
SW16Half Marathon

Sorry, can’t get bling photo to load- trust me I was a bit wet!!

roseabi
roseabiAdministrator in reply to SW16

I've DMd you. Are you using the app? There is a problem with viewing photos in the app at the moment (has been reported to HU), but I can see your photo on my desktop browser 😊

roseabi
roseabiAdministrator

Huge congratulations!!!!!! I am off now to award you your much-deserved half marathon badge πŸ˜ŠπŸ…πŸ’₯

SW16
SW16Half Marathon in reply to roseabi

Thank you- thats speedier than my running today ! πŸ˜‚

Madge50
Madge50Marathon

Fabulous, πŸ‘πŸ…πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ Well done you, I did Perkins eastern HM in Peterborough, today....I can honestly say it was the wettest run I have EVER done, I felt like I’d been swimming by the end, the rain was heavy and did not stop.....I did a similar time to you (which is a Pb for me πŸ˜„) report to follow....

Well done on getting out there in this β€˜great’ 😩 weather we’re having.....

Big hug πŸ€—πŸ’ͺπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

Mx

SW16
SW16Half Marathon in reply to Madge50

We’re HM twins!! Congratulations!

Sandraj39
Sandraj39Half Marathon in reply to Madge50

Well done on your HM too, Madge!πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸƒπŸ½β€β™€οΈπŸ‘πŸ…

linda9389
linda9389Administrator

Hmm. My reply seems to have disappeared! It went along the lines of -

Hhuge congratulations. Plenty to be happy about with a first HM in such a great time, despite the weather. And if the view is important - good reason to go right ahead and book it again for next year :D Hope you're now warm and dry, relaxing with a big grin on your face, surrounded by lots of lovely treats :)

SW16
SW16Half Marathon in reply to linda9389

Thank you!

Yay congratulations! Well done you! And what a day to do it on. Extra high fives for surviving the rain! X

SW16
SW16Half Marathon in reply to Clairecandothis

At least it wasn’t too hot! πŸ˜‚

Clairecandothis
ClairecandothisMarathon in reply to SW16

πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Bonus!

Sqkr
SqkrHalf Marathon

Congratulations! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ Oof what a day for it, but I guess it all makes for an adventure! And a fab time too, especially with the rain. I saw a picture of the medal on a friend's Facebook photo earlier earlier, it's so lovely 😍

SW16
SW16Half Marathon in reply to Sqkr

Thank you- the medal doesn’t clank against my ( very) small collection on the bedpost, but it is stunning!

Sandraj39
Sandraj39Half Marathon

Well done...and in the rain, too! Congrats on your first HM and your lovely bling! Rest up well.πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸ…πŸ‘πŸƒπŸ½β€β™€οΈ

SW16
SW16Half Marathon in reply to Sandraj39

Thank you!

Decker
DeckerModerator

Congratulations on your first HM!!! You did it in the rain too and you should be really proud. πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸ†πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

SW16
SW16Half Marathon in reply to Decker

Quietly chuffed!!! πŸ˜‰

Whatsapp
WhatsappHalf Marathon

Well done on your first HM and in such conditions too. Means the next one will be a doddle!!

SW16
SW16Half Marathon in reply to Whatsapp

Back to 10k for me for a while, I think. I’d never say never though πŸ˜‰

Whatsapp
WhatsappHalf Marathon in reply to SW16

Don't blame you. Last thing I wanted was another HM straight after. In fact I haven't run another one since. Mainly because I wanted to get stronger over the following year so that when I go back there again in March I will run it better.

SW16
SW16Half Marathon in reply to Whatsapp

Its definitely a proper distance! Good luck with the training- you’ll smash it πŸ’ͺ🏻

misswobble
misswobbleMarathon

Well done on a squelchy half completed πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ…β˜”οΈπŸ’¦πŸŒŠβœŠβœ…

I can see you Half Marathon legend beside your name. Whoop whoop

SaskAlliecat
SaskAlliecatHalf Marathon

Whoohoo! Great achievement in a very short period of time! Congrats on a great race.

SW16
SW16Half Marathon in reply to SaskAlliecat

Thank you- I think I’m still in shock!

aliboo70
aliboo70Half Marathon

Fantastic!well done! ! 😊

You may also like...