Marathon Running and Race Support
940 members1,888 posts

Running with my boys!

Running with my boys!

Driving up to Thorpeness in Suffolk last week a small sign about a run on Sunday caught my eye. I looked up more and found the Heritage Coast Run/Walk organised by the local Rotary Club. Well, why not?! I was planning a run myself on Sunday, so why not do something 'proper'?

There was a marathon, half marathon and 6 mile distance. It was very sunny, with a slight cool breeze, and off we went over fields, through woods, and along grassy tracks. At one point a number of bulls surged through dry bracken creating a noise like rushing water. They didn't seem interested in any of the runners though! There were some deep puddles along the way too, and the canicross runners had a lovely time splashing through them!

It was very well organised and record numbers took part apparently - 900! I did 6 miles, and one son did 13 miles, the other 6. It was very enjoyable, and a nice unexpected bonus on an already lovely weekend.

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Sounds idyllic 😃👍. Fun to run with the family too Well done on the bling 🏅😃

2 likes

Thank you! It's always fun to run with my sons - neither really did much running until I did the marathon a couple of years ago.

1 like

Sounds really nice, and its something special to run with your boys on the same day I would guess. Happy to hear the bulls had other plans besides the runners too 😊Congratulations!

2 likes

Thanks! Yes I was very relieved that the bulls were running in the opposite direction!

1 like

How nice to do something like this on the spur of the moment. Congratulations!

1 like

Thank you. I agree - sometimes you don't want to be planning and fretting about how to get there etc. This one was a 5 minute walk from where we were staying - bonus!

Sounds pretty perfect! Congrats on completing in this heat 😊

1 like

It was actually quite pleasant in the cool sea breeze!

Lovely pic of a happy running family! Well done all of you! Hot day for it! x

1 like

Thank you! I was glad I only did 6 miles not 13!

1 like

You may also like...