Weekly chat 18th to the 24th September

Please feel free to share your runs here and chat about how it's all going,

Sometimes we don't feel like putting a whole post up but just want to share something small, so this is a great place for doing that during the week.

If youre a lurker it is a great place to say a little hi without the pressure of a full post.

Wishing you all a happy and healthy week,

Juju and Realfoodieclub

13 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Saturday's race seems to have helped bring my energy levels back, so I'm going to see if I can stick fairly close to my running plan for the week. I was planning on dropping tomorrow's long run, but plan to see how far I can go instead.

• I did it! 20.5K today! I stuck with my hilly long run route, and was thrilled to see that I could manage two such long runs within a span of 3 days. I don't plan to make a habit of it, mind you.;-) But a nice boost to my self-confidence.

• Great stuff! xx

• I have to post it here - I achieved my longest run yet, with 18k on the Garmin :O It nearly broke me though. I made a conscious decision to take on fuel and water every 3km which I think might have helped, but by the end I was sooooooo tired I could hardly move my feet :( You HMers and marathoners and ultra-ers have all my respect!

• Well done! Again :) xx

• The triathlon was awesome (report is brewing), and I'm not feeling any after-effects - there was a little pinching at the bottom of my right quad yesterday, but it's gone now. Oh, actually I did bruise the soles of my feet a bit, but touch wood they seem ok... This morning I set off on the first run of my new Asics marathon training plan - a 5K jog :) I'm going to incorporate a couple of hilly 12K-ish runs over the next few weeks, as the Beachy Head 10K is coming up at the end of October! And I'll carry on with the cross-training, cos it's fun :D

Happy running all xx

• Great news!

• I started C25k 5 months ago and have a HM in 2 weeks... last week I progressed to a 10mile run which was appalling and walked most of it, but I went out and tried again this week and managed it. I felt so chuffed and hopeful that I can do the HM for charity (even if very slowly).

• Well done that's excellent progress after finishing the program 5 months ago. You should be fine for the hm. Just take it steady!

• You're doing brilliantly, well done! Any pace is fine - enjoy it :)

• Well done peeps! Not sure about ahalf marathon after only running for five months? That sounds like trouble to me. Too much too soon territory. Do take care!

I ran 32k yesterday. Concrete heels this morning but I got some exercise in as I had to walk the dog. I got flipping stung by a wasp! πŸ˜«πŸ™„

• Ow! Sorry to hear that :( Well done for the 32k though, that's huge!

• I didn't get to run in Holland, sadly, but did miles of walking, and what with flying back, buses trains etc I was pretty tatered.

Did it though πŸ™‚πŸ’ͺπŸƒβ€β™€οΈβœ”οΈ

You may also like...