But I would run 500 miles, and I have run 500 more (bling included)

But I would run 500 miles, and I have run 500 more (bling included)

But I would run 500 miles

And I have run 500 more

Just to be the man who runs a thousand miles

To get a piece of bling…

A couple of weeks ago, on the 19th August, I crossed the virtual 1,000 mile finishing line and got this awesome piece of bling (it says so on the bling itself, so it must be true) a week later for my efforts. Trainers not included, although they have carried me the last two hundred of the miles.

Last edited by

18 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Impressive Tomas!! I'm just a few K away from 1000k this year ... got a bit of catching up to do!!

Out of interest who did you get the bling from... was it a virtual event???

• Thanks Andy. And well done on your 1,000 km, that's a loooong way to run!

Yes, it was through awesomerunningevents.com (so I think the "awesome" on the bling refers to them rather than the recipients of the medals). I had set my target to 2017 km this year (which now seems far less daunting than it did in January!), so when I came across them and their 1,000 mile medal I thought "yep, I'll have some of that please" :)

• No.. you are awesome doing that distance and setting a target of 2017k!!!

• Wow! Well done!!! You must be very tired :)

• Thanks Abi. The bling makes it worth the tiredness *lol*

• My eyes are extremely wide with admiration. Well done! And how is that even possible? That medal needs pride of place in your home!

• Wow, I am speechless at your achievement! Absolutely bloomin marvellous, well done.

• Amazing, Tomas! I aim for 1000k in 2017 and have completed 720 now. That is not even half of your 1000 miles! I am in awe!

• With 72% distance done and only 66% time spent you're in a great place. Well done!

• Thank you, Tomas. Of course you made that calculation 😀😀 Mr. Spreadsheet.

• Gosh that's some achievement - definitely need to take the awesome bit as referring to you.

• Wow, that is an amazing achievement! Well done, and impressive bling :)

• Amazing acheivement Tomas and wonderful bling! Absolutely inspiring!☺

• Thank you very much for the kind words.

• That's a lot of running. Very impressive. I don't think I'll ever manage that amount in a year. Like IbenCopenhagen I set myself a target of 1,000k and am pleased to say I'm well on the way with 790k under my belt. Secretly I've upped my game and would like to achieve 100k a month, but I haven't admitted that yet!

• Hahaha, I can so relate to that secret ambition. I'm the same, secretly thinking that if I can do 1,000 in 8 months, then I ought to be able to do 1,500 in 12 months. But I also don't want to admit that ambition, because then it would turn into an obligation rather than fun.

• Wow thats good going Tomas! Congratulations!

Ps I now have that song in my head the rest of the evening!!!😆

• That is truly an awesome achievement! Congratulations! And it is a lovely bit of bling.

You may also like...