Marathon Running and Race Support
792 members1,503 posts

The hills are alive with the sound of Ju Ju

The hills are alive with the sound of Ju Ju

Huffing and puffing as she climbs them...!!!

I did it!! I managed to achieve my goal of running up 3000 metres for July. I am really pleased with myself as that was hard work... I think for August I will focus on my speed... No more hills for a while!!!!

I made a medal from ferns which looks really daft!

My tips on doing this are:

Take it slowly!

Run up steep bits on the balls of your feet

Look after your Achilles!!

The 10% rule applies to elevation too

Walk breaks are great to get the HR down

Enjoy the view...!!!

strava.com/athletes/14419217

My strava profile.

Happy Panthering

Juju

20 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done!!! :) congratulation on achieving your climbing goal (3000 meter... wow!) :)

1 like

Thank you so much :)

thats pretty good going i have never got anywhere near the height challanges. To do the same again you would have to go up and down Snowdon 3 times or Ben Nevis 2 and a bit times or go up Snowdon, Ben Nevis and Scaffell pike and you would do the same amount.

1 like

Wow when you put it like that it sounds quite impressive. I love hills and it's my dream to do a mountainous marathon

that because your crazy :) you could try the race the train up snowdon. racethetrain.com/event-desc...

1 like

I want to do that one!!!!

I guess your enter the utmb strava challenge for August it's a nice badge

That's such an achievement. Really well done and your face says it all, great pic! 😀

Fantastic! Well done indeed :)

Wow well done Ju-Ju, that's is a Fantasic achievement. By the way impressive tone on that arm as you hold your camera. Looking good.

1 like

Thankyou so much 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

Well done JuJu, I hate hills, you search them out, you crazy lady!

1 like

Thankyou!!

Absolutely amazing !

Well done , that is such an achievement ! :-) xxx

1 like

Thankyou :)

1 like

Well done JJ, it's always great to knock off a challenge like that. I have to say I have no idea how much elevation I do in a month.

1 like

That's a good thing as I've become a bit unhealthily obsessed with how much I can climb in a run, mainly as most of my trail runs are quite hilly!!!

Congratulations JJ, great achievement.

1 like

Thanks Old Git :)

Well done! Good to have a challenging project and get it ticked off. (From someone who has become an expert in finding flat places in hilly country... time I embraced the contours really isn't it?)

You may also like...