Hampton Court Palace HM

Hampton Court Palace HM

Less than 2 years ago I started the C25K programme at age 59, to run a "Colour Me Happy" 3k charity run. Today, my 27 year old daughter (who started running just 12 months ago) and I aced the Hampton Court Palace HM. Aced for us, that is. 2 hours 14. Then I heard my friend's son did his HM in Fleet today in one hour 40. I'll get me coat. However we are still congratulating each other, very proud of each other - and we've raised over £700 for Motor Neurone Disease Association so are on top of the world! Thanks to those of you who have offered such positive encouragement - you really helped. As did the bucket loads of pasta I've eaten over the past few days. I have no doubt they helped, but I don't want to touch pasta again for a while....

(PS - I tried loading pictures but everyone was sideways or upside down, editing didn't help and the posting process does not allow me to rotate once loaded. Oh sod it - here's a sideways one).

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Wow go you ! That is amazing !

Well done all, lovely photo :-) xxx

• Thank you! Sorry it's sideways....

• Ah dont worry about that :-) xxx

• Great photo and great time! What a fab medal too. Congratulations to you and your daughter.

• Thank you!

• Well done!! Nice bling as well!

• Brilliant - you have done really well!!

• Fantastic! Huge congratulations to you and your daughter! And you are an inspiration - thanks for posting☺

• Congratulations. You should both be really proud.

• Congratulations! thats a great time! well done to both of you!! :)

• thats a great time and never compare yourself to others, you are your own person!

and great bit of bling and dont worry about the picture i think we can all tilt our heads!

• Thank you all for your lovely comments! Still basking in the glorious aftermath (and my various bits keep reminding me something energetic happened yesterday!).

• What a great piccy and a great event too!! Well done

• Well done you.  That's a great achievement and a fab time.

My pics all load sideways too xx

You may also like...