Further to my challenging my gp practice, and asking for a referral to a proper Lupus specialtist, a PIP letter has landed on the mat.
If I get this referral, and I can ring for an appointment, IF I get an appt soon and the Prof supports my Lupus et al diagnosis and IF I can get him to write a report (time), how long do I have to, a) respond to letter b) get Proff evidence together c) send in application?
It makes me weep that I worked all my life in two caring professions and feel I have to beg and jump through tortuous hoops to get my entitlement.
Like others, I was given indefinate status a few years ago. It turned out to be a dirty trick so THEY could publicly declare there were too many of US on this status and launch their present swathing cuts.
My hubby said that he heard on a National breakfast programme this morning the newsreader actually referred to a second round of cuts next year aimed specifically at people with chronic long term illness to save £B1 which could be seen to fund tax cuts for the rich.
My hubby says I need not apply if the stress will be too much, but we struggle now and I will loose my residential parking bay, we live by a station and have mad parkers every day, and my blue badge. If I have to beg now, what will another shift in how we are assessed next year bring?
I am so weary.
So, gurus should I bother confirming my application, or will it all be too late to support my case, given my lack of support at the moment from the gp and Rheumy and having to wait for new Consultant to assess and diagnose me? . Lousy timing.
What do you know of time limits?
My fault. I should have tried to find a supportive GP when mine retired. I soldiered on alone to land myself in this current mess.
Take heed. Get a gp who knows you, if you can.
Thanks in advance