Hello everyone! I'm new to this site and I hope you don't mind me bothering you all with some questions, but I need to find a few things out. I was diagnosed with lupus in 2009. I also have a neurological condition called chiari malformation (basically, a hernia of the brain). My neurologist claims my symptoms are caused by lupus and my rheumatologist says my symptoms are neurological! They have been playing ping pong with me for a long time, and my health is deteriorating.
What I'd like to find out is:-
1) do any of you suffer migraines (particularly hemiplegic)
2) do any of you have progressive muscle weakness
3) do any of you have nerve pain (with or without loss of feeling/weakness)
4) do any of you have worsening memory or cognitive degeneration
5) do any of you suffer speech impairment, either temporary or permanent
6) do any of you suffer from occipital neuralgia
I'd be really grateful for your input. My neurologist says that my symptoms aren't linked to chiari and my rheumy says these aren't lupus symptoms either. I'm curious to see if fellow lupus sufferes have any of the above symptoms and I'm putting exactly the same post on the chiari chatroom I use.
I'm seeing my rheumatologist on Monday and I'd like to be armed with as much information as possible!