What can you see? : I'm posting one of... - LUpus Patients Un...

LUpus Patients Understanding and Support
2,972 members β€’ 849 posts

What can you see?

Shhilo
Shhilo
β€’23 Replies

I'm posting one of my paintings just for pleasure. Sometimes I get so hung up on complaining of things I can't do or feel ill etc. I thought I would share a positive part of my life. Good or bad it's just me and my paints

Here's to you Honeybug 🌞

Be as well as you can be today!

23 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

What mediums do you use Shhilo? Is it acrylics? Great mark making!

Shhilo
Shhilo
in reply to NanaFifi

Spot on, it's Acrylics. I've just started about a year ago. But I've been in art and design for 20 yrs. I absolutely love painting! It's something I can and not be well because I can just drop it and take a break and go back when I'm up to it.

I'm glad you liked the distraction from me writing yet another ailment.

NanaFifi
NanaFifi
in reply to Shhilo

I see a dog on the left . . . . I used to paint a lot but unfortunately my RA has damaged my neck and I have nerve pain in my shoulder and arm. Damaged shoulder means I can’t hold my arm up to paint at an easel 😒

Enjoy!!

Shhilo
Shhilo
in reply to NanaFifi

Oh I am so sorry to hear that! I do completely understand. I have neck and shoulder issues and couldn't possibly dream of painting.

I lost my design business of 17 yrs to illness so I understand the loss.

πŸ§šβ€β™€οΈπŸŒžπŸŒ»

NanaFifi
NanaFifi
in reply to Shhilo

I’m confused 😳 I thought you did paint?

Shhilo
Shhilo
in reply to NanaFifi

πŸ˜‚ I was so ill yesterday I didn't finish my sentence. I couldn't dream of painting YESTERDAY. I left the sentence unfinished! It's terrible I speak the same way. I don't finish my sentences. I hate hearing my voice on recored videos, cringing!!!

πŸŒžπŸŒ»πŸ§šβ€β™€οΈ

NanaFifi
NanaFifi
in reply to Shhilo

I’m always getting into trouble for not finishing my sentences! Hope you feel better today. x

Shhilo
Shhilo
in reply to NanaFifi

I DO! I do feel better! Thank you 🌞

I have so many little tasks like phone calls etc and just couldn't manage doing anything yesterday.

I am still in bed with the covers over my head because I'm just so cold today. But don't feel like I'm having a stroke today. Should have called 999... But I didn't have all the symptoms.

I hope you as well as you can be today!

πŸŒžπŸ˜ŠπŸŒ»πŸŒΌπŸ§šβ€β™€οΈπŸŒ·

lupus-support1
lupus-support1Administrator
in reply to NanaFifi

Would using computer be helpful. There are many excellent applications for Mac & Windows! Let me know if I can help.

With good wishes,

Ros

Thanks Rod, I have often wondered if I would enjoy painting on a computer. Problem is that I have a laptop and most people seem to use a tablet to β€œpaint”

lupus-support1
in reply to NanaFifi

Many do use a Wacom tablet which is easy to connect to your laptop. Please do some research on this. There are many excellent programs, some free! Let me know!

Thanks Ros , I’ll do that.

lupus-support1
in reply to NanaFifi

Go for it! You deserve to explore your creative outlet like Shiloh!

Very interesting! Thank you very much for sharing. I hope NanaFifi gets a chance to play with a Wacom. See 2-3 yrs out of business and I'm lost at home without the latest news.

πŸ˜ŠπŸŒžπŸ§šβ€β™€οΈ

I'm not sure if you saw my reply to NanaFifi but I left off 'couldn't paint YESTERDAY'

I will keep that in mind for when the time comes, but for now I need to get covered in paint.

Shhilo
Shhilo
in reply to NanaFifi

Ahhhh I just saw the dog!

HiddenThis reply has been deleted
Shhilo
Shhilo
in reply to Hidden

Thank you 🌞

That's such an interesting view. I haven't looked at it with a story yet. I'm just so pleased it's completed. I painted it with a story in the paint but not as a whole if that makes sense? I always think things need balance including art.

Shhilo
Shhilo
in reply to Hidden

I see the boat and it's in very dangerous seas. There's calm above and entirely different life to the right, maybe the past. I like to paint and then find the story. But I am making a story when I paint and I use those words, I just don't know what the story is until the end.

And NanaFifi I can see that great big dog everytime I look at it NoW! πŸ˜‚

lupus-support1

What a powerful picture! May I use this picture on my other website LUpus Patients Understanding & Support (LUPUS) at lupus-support.org ?

I would love it if you would write something about this picture? I have a gallery section where you would be able to show your pictures, if you are interested.

You will have to register (free) & use nn-nn-nnnn where n=number for your DOB!

Let me know!

Be well!

Ros

Yes of course, please do use it. I should have posted there as well. I would love to write something. I've been so hung up on trying to get it to be able to tell a story that I haven't actually read the story. So I shall sit and read it and write it.

Where do I fund the Gallery section?

πŸŒžπŸ§šβ€β™€οΈ

lupus-support1
in reply to Shhilo

Later today I will send you and NanaFifi a link to another website that has a Gallery. There you can upload your pictures. There is also a Blog where you can write about your lupus and art!

No charge, all free! All you have to do is become a Member!

With good wishes,

Ros

PS I will message you both via Chat!

Oh Yes Please! And computer is such a great idea for the future and for others who can't now such as NanaFifi.

I look forward to the Gallery info. I'm already a member of Lupus, as you, of course know.

Have a lovely gentle day!

πŸ§šβ€β™€οΈπŸŒΌπŸŒ»πŸŒž

You may also like...