About - LUpus Patients Understanding and Support | HealthUnlocked
About LUpus Patients Understanding and Support
Lupus Patients Understanding & Support (LUPUS) is a non-profit organisation for patients-affected-by-systemic lupus erythematosus, lupus variant conditions and the antiphospholipid antibody (Hughes) Syndrome. Our organisation was founded in 2000 with the intention of providing free information and free online psychological support.
Our organisation is unique in that it has its own in-house counsellor and psychotherapist. Lupus Patients Understanding & Support (LUPUS) has two further websites. Our information website can be seen here: http://www.lupus-support.org.uk while our online psychological support at the LUpus Message Board is here: http://www.lupus-support.org and registration is free. Come and Join Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SUPPORT4LUPUS
We are here to help and support you and your families. Please contact us or share your stories here on HealthUnlocked!
- Be kind, respectful, and understanding of one another
- Actively listen & have in mind that everyone deals with their own private challenges
- Post from your own experience
- "For me, this worked..." rather than "You should do this..."
- This is a space for peer to peer and emotional support
- The community does not replace the relationship or advice given by your healthcare professional
- Provide your sources of information
- Use well-known sources of information and add the URL to your reply or post
- No political content
- Let's focus on individual health experiences
- This community should not be used for commercial or personal promotion
- No selling, no fundraising, no spam