Another new blogger

Another new blogger

I was diagnosed with inoperable non small cell lung cancer in spring 2000, aged 57. I was treated at the Beatson Oncology Centre in Glasgow, with chemotherapy and radiotherapy and was able to return to work in December same year.

My wife and I have been involved with Roy Castle LCF for about ten years, and I used to subscribe to the previous 'blogging' page. Fortunately for me, work got in the way and I haven't contributed for the past few years.

Now, I have retired - again - so have more time to check out the site and offer comments where appropriate.

I am currently a Research Assistant/Patient Adviser with the Cancer Care Research Centre at the University of Stirling, where I am in a position to offer advice to researchers, from a patient's perspective.

Best wishes to all! Bill

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Bill

Thank you for sharing your story with everyone on Health Unlocked, I found your blog very inspirational. Congratulations on your retirment although it sounds as if you are keeping very busy with your work at the university. We look forward to hearing from you next time, keep up the good work. Take care, Joanna.

• Thanks Joanna. Bill

• Very insipiring to read that you have survived inoperable NSCLC. Gives me a ray of hope.

Hope to hear from you again

Lyn

You may also like...