i don't know if anyone'll see this, what with glitches in the new site
but if anyone does, am i the only one who got completely floored by the heat?
i ended up fainting with heat exhaustion & have been in bed with fans on, ice packs & no compression garments
so, bright ideas?
- drink loads of water (cool but not cold is best)
- spritz cold water on the compression garments & some of the heat'll evaporate off with it - easier on arms than torso!
- wear loose, cotton or other natural fibres clothing
- stay out of the sun!
- keep windows open & curtains closed during the day - helps rooms not heat up so much
- ice packs - as well as the reusable ones you can get instant single use ones that are great for when you're not near the freezer, eg cars with no air con, i get mine on ebay & it's cheaper than a new car!
- lie in a cool (but not cold) bath
- use a lighter moisturiser
- get the supermarket to bring the shopping to you instead of lugging it home yourself
- have a sheet on top of you at night, then you can pull the duvet over that if it happens to get cold
- beg, steal & borrow favours to get heavier jobs done that can't wait till autumn
- dunk your wrists in a basin of cold water, or anywhere else with a strong pulse point, helps cool the blood back down
- & i have sat on the settee with a cold, damp tea towel on my head, but that might be a step too far for some people
all that still wasn't enough for me, & apparently there's more hot weather to come
who can add to the list?
bigleg, i imagine you on your boat, making a wonderful ozone-y sea breeze, laughing at this!