Blood Test's


I am having to have more blood tests on Thursday and I was wondering if any one can tell me what these are?

The test is a CPR or CRP and a ESA or ESR?

The reason for this is that I am having issues with pain in my arms, fingers along with pain in my legs and last week I was unable to walk as my legs was like jelly and I had to hold on to the wall and kitchen side.

My legs seems ok now however from time to time they are like jelly.

I welcome any feed back.

Thank you for your help.

6 Replies

  • Hi there this link is fairly user friendly: This is what they will be. Mary F x

  • Hi MaryF

    Thank you for the information, most useful.

    Is this common with Hughes Syndrome?

    If the tests are positive does the inflammation re-accure?

  • Thank you

  • They are commonly referred to inflammatory markers and indicators of infection.



    Formal name: Erythrocyte sedimentation rate

    Related tests: C-reactive protein (CRP), fibrinogen, immunoglobulins

    Why Get Tested?

    To detect and monitor the activity of inflammation as an aid in the diagnosis of the underlying cause

    When to Get Tested?

    When your doctor thinks that you might have a condition that causes inflammation and to help diagnose and follow the course of this, especially temporal arteritis or polymyalgia rheumatica

You may also like...