Sticky Blood-Hughes Syndrome Support
8,080 members8,320 posts

APS

Hi all I am going to hospital to day for my pr operation then go in next week for 2 operations one on my right hand carpul tunnel just had my left one done 3 weeks ago and I am having my left frozen shoulder done at same time I am just a bit worried about coming home next day cos my husband will be back at work full time and can not have any more time off as he's been ill too I will have both hands strapped up I use a crutch in my right hand as I had a stroke last year left me with left side weakness but I will not be able to use it with having that done and will not be able to do anything at home I know I needed it all doing before I whent on Holliday at Xmas time need it all out of way so not sure how I am going to go on with stuff for a few weeks x

8 Replies
oldestnewest

That sounds a lot to cope with all at once. What are they doing with your shoulder?

Had a frozen shoulder over a year and it's not getting better so he's operation on it x

Sounds like you may need a lot of help, but you won't know until you've had the ops done. Hope you can get something sorted. Best of luck. x

I hope you get better and are fully sorted by Christmas, time to call in a few favours from friends, neighbours and relatives. Let us know how it goes. MaryF

Yes thanks all of them work but will try get some friends to call in on me thanks Mary x

Hi Lesley,

Best of luck with the operations!! I will think of you and I cross my fingers and hope to hear from you soon again.

Kerstin in Stockholm

Been to hospital to day and they was not happy that I may be on my own so they phoned gateway to care to get me some help for when I come out to come in 2 to 4 times a day depending on wot I am like after my operation so will let you all know

Good call by yor hospital! I did not know, but hoped that you were consulting with a team that offerred such home care. I was visited by a home care physical therapist after my hip replacement and those visits were very helpful for a fast recovery.

Good luck!

You may also like...