Looking for people pos over 20 years for help/stories/experiences for a book I am in the process of writing!

Hi All

I am currently penning a semi autobiographical book on my past 30 years of being HIV. 

Parts of which I would like to include stories from others who have been positive for a long time - the longer the better! Whether that is in the UK or anywhere in the world. It would all be written anonymously, of course, and hopefully cover mainly highs rather than the lows. But also, tales of medication through the years, organisations and how they have changed, the early struggles. Basically anything that you want to share!

If you think you'd like to help, drop me a line at myposfuture@outlook.com

Look forward to hearing from you,

5 Replies

• Only 6 years here but hit me up - I've got a few stories...

• Hey Ian! How's it going?  I'm 21 years living with HIV. You can reach me.

• I have been HIV positive for almost 30 years. 20 of them  diagnosed full blown AIDS.

I lived for 5 years having 4 t-cells. I named them Huey, Dewey, Lewey, and Pluto. Lol

11 years later, thanks to HIV cocktail, I have 977 t-cells and undetectable almost 11 years.

I've lost my teeth (I'm not a meth user, never used that crap), had PCP Pneumonia and nearly died, I've had a replaced left shoulder, and left hip caused by a condition know as Avascular Necrosis, which was caused by early HIV med called Zerit. I have pain in my joints every day. It never stops. Opiates don't help much, plus they constipate me horribly. I recently discovered CBD oil, a Cannabinoid oil used for pain, but does not get you high. It's a God send for my daily pain, as I have not taken a single opiate since starting CBD oil a bit over a month ago.

So, to sum it up, HIV has been no picnic, but at least I'm a long term survivor, and in less pain.

Stay healthy my friends.

• Hi Guys and thanks for getting back to me! 

I've had a couple of 'stressy' weeks, but getting on top of the situation and pushing out the other side. Not a health related matter - just life in general. Ha Ha!

As soon as I'm in the right frame of mind I'll get my writing head on and mail you individually and collectively to get the ball rolling and some introductions etc etc. I do like a good chat, so.... For now.....ill be in touch soon ;-)

• I've got some stories to tell you about my life with hiv 

You may also like...