update on music question..noise

LOTS OF QUESTIONS ..SORRY JUST SO GLAD TO HAVE SOME ONE TO SHARE SYMPTOMS WITH ..

I HAVE THE ISSUE OF HAVING PERMANENT HEADACHES FROM THE BACK OF MY HEAD WHERE I WAS HIT BY THE CAR ROUND TO MY EYES..

ON THE PHONE THEY USE MUSIC ON WAITING ..THIS INCREASES THE HEAD ACHE LIKE A HAMMER ..U CANNOT WEAR EAR PLUGS FOR THIS

PL EASE CAN ANY ONE SAY IF

1 .THEY HAVE THE SAME RESPONSE

2 HOW THEY DEAL WITH IT ..I HATE THAT I GET ANGRY SO QUICK AND CANNOT HANDLE THE CALL OR COPE WITH PHONE ...

THANKS AND SORRY FOR CAPS LOCK

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I don't have the same issues but I cannot handle the dreadful on hold muzac - my hearing is super sensitive post BI and it is like a jack hammer to the brain... To deal with this I always use the phone on hands free so if I am on muzac hold I put the phone down away from me...I can still hear it but it is not painful and I can bring the phone closer when someone answers. I find the hands free helps by not having the phone next to my head. Don;t know if that might help you? I hope you find something that works

• THANK YOU GREAT SOLUTION :-)

• THABK YOU GREAT SOLUTION :-)

• HEADACHES -( I PREFER TO CALL THEM HEAD PAIN AS HEADACHE DOESN'T EVEN COME CLOSE TO DESCRIBING THE LEVEL OF PAIN). ARE THE WORST AFTER EFFECT OF MY BI . I AM IN PAIN OF VARYING DEGREES FOR ABOUT 6 DAYS A WEEK. SOMETIMES I AM VIRTUALLY CRAWLING ROUND THE FLOOR.

THE LEVEL OF PAIN MAKES ME SHORT TEMPERED AS IT HURTS SO MUCH I DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH ANYTHING & WON'T ANSWER THE PHONE OR THE DOOR.

SADLY I HAVE FOUND THERE'S NO EASY FIX. I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH MY NEUROLOGIST FOR YEARS TRYING TO GET PAIN RELIEF THAT WORKS & LO & BEHOLD WE FOUND ONE, - RIZATRIPTAN ALSO KNOWN AS MAXALT MELT THAT MELTS ON YOUR TONGUE & IN ABOUT 2 HOURS THE PAIN HAS GONE & I FORGET I'VE HAD PAIN. I'M JUST A BIT KNACKERED.

IT'S WORTH SITTING DOWN WITH YOUR NEURO & GOING THROUGH THE NATURE OF YOUR PAIN THEN TAKING ANYTHING HE/SHE SUGGESTS. YOU NEVERK NOW IT MIGHT BE THE THING THAT CONTROLS IT.

BEST OF LUCK

• Hi yes my ears, especially the left is super sensitive to noise. I cannot listen to music via iPod . The more fatigue I become the worse my ears are. ATM as Im very tired the pain and sensitivity is like drilling and ringing. I wear mouldable ears plug from Boots when out as supermarkets, music and loud talking is a nightmare. My neuropsychologist says we become fatigue both auditory and visually outdoors even if we are not doing anything. It is our brains are over sensitive .

anger is a problem for me. I sought a referral to neuropsychologist and was given tips to manage it, such as pacing daily activities. Dr said I was doing too many activities in one day, and not giving myself a break, anxiety leads to anger. If you feel you getting angry, deep breathing , and this apparently more oxygen flows to our brain which reduces our sensivities, and takes away some of the anger. Hope this helps a little :)

• Hi Sem2011, I have same with left ear,loud whooshing and sensitive to noise. Can u still hear with these earplugs in? K

• yes you can still hear , but it is great because it muffles the intensity , and loud outbursts. I cannot remember if I said but I purchased the moudable ear plugs from Boots as my ear canal is small the sponge type is too large for my ear. Hope it helps ! X

• Thanks Sem will try them.K

You may also like...