Attached to a pet dog and I am close to losing her

Attached to a pet dog and I am close to losing her

The only one I spend time with, only one I understand and she understands me.

Things are better with her, I can do everything better. I have had her for 14 years and I love her to peices, she's my baby girl and always will be

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Oh bless, lovely woofer. Gorgeous, in fact.

I identify closely with a pet being your best mate. I've been through some tricky times with my puss and come out the other side smiling.

• I've already lost one when she was twelve, her sister. She was mine, honey is my brothers but we share her now

• I would be heartbroken too

• She won't leave my side. Literally, she's next to me in my room now

• A thought just came to mind apologies in advance if I have miss read what you have said

How are you - when I am off colour my two dogs stay with me also

The other thing was has she been to the vets

My dogs send lots of licks

• I'm not too good, I'm getting a scan tomorrow and I'm pooing my pants, claustrophobic and panicin already:(

• I think that is why your precious dog is looking after you

Dog's are really good at being their for us but you already know that

Good luck for tomorrow

• How do you beat claustrophobia and how are you meant to go without nicotine for one day when you cannot stop smoking, I can't go ten minutes without some

• WHEN I'M IN THE MRI MACHINE I ALWAYS ASK THEM TO TURN THE LIGHTS OFF IN THE ROOM, THEN I LIE THERE WITH MY EYES CLOSED & TRY & BREATHE REALLY SLOWLY. I HAVE TO HAVE A SUPPORT PILLOW UNDER MY KNEES SO IT'S AS COMFORTABLE AS POSSIBLE.

IF I'M IM THERE WITH MY EYES CLOSED I DON'T KNOW WHY I ASK THEM TO TURN THE LIGHTS OFF AS I CAN'T SEE THEM ANYWAY! IT HELPS WHEN YOU GET OUT & FIRST OPEN YOUR EYES, IT'S NOT SUCH A JOLT TO THE SYSTEM.

GOOD LUCK.

• Thanks, but needles and MRI, eurghhhhh horrible, it's going to be a nightmare tomorrow, might have to be sudated

• I'M A GREAT BELIEVER IN DOING ANYTHING I CAN TO MAKES THINGS MORE BEARABLE. I'D DEFINITELY ASK FOR SEDATION IF YOU THINK YOU NEED IT.

WHEN I HAD MY CEREBRAL ANGIOGRAM I ASKED FOR SEDATION & DON'T REMEMBER ANY OF IT SO IT WORKED FOR ME. IT TURNED OUT TO BE VALIUM THROUGH AN IV. EVEN THOUGH IT WAS AN IV I COPED BECAUSE IT WAS BETTER THAN HAVING NO SEDATION. .

• It's OK they put nice radio 2 on the headphones.

I've had 3 mri scans and the head scan is the quickest and easiest I found.

I didn't have to go all the way into the tube like with the spinal scan.

Yeah the head scan was ok.

You have a lovely dog there, sorry to hear she is unwell. Our Staffie is getting on and will be 12 at Christmas.

A scary dangerous dog? No, she couldn't attack her dinner. Gonna miss her when she's gone, but we will certainly have a rescue dog next time. We couldn't be without a dog or maybe two. Best company when you're feeling like poo.

You may also like...