Did anyone else have swollen glands as a symptom?

Still waiting on results of bloods coming back but until I can get to the docs, I was wondering if anyone else experienced swollen glands. I have a couple under my armpits (they have been checked by the doc and confirmed as lymph glands,) also they are raised in my groin and neck. I haven't been ill in a while (was on antibiotics at beginning of July for chest infection) so know they aren't from illness/infection. Am I being neurotic and just looking for symptoms or did anyone else experience this.

MMB

xxx

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hya, my lymph glands swell up in my neck and I get a mild fever as well as an upset stomach. My Gastro asked me what symptoms I get and I told him this and it just confirmed to him that I stick to the diet. Not all coeliac get such dramatic symptoms but If you are worried about it I'd chat to your Dr.

• Thanks Jerry,

Unfortunately cant get to docs until the end of the week as I have just moved and getting registered is taking forever!!! I will have to hope they actually pay attention to me when I reel off my list of symptoms. I am being seen by a gastro atm and they were the ones that have ordered all the test, hoping to get them all back on Friday.

• Good luck. Keep pushing yr Dr for answers. Glands can swell with any immune disorder or infection. Glandular fever is one of the common illnesses that causes extreme pain / swelling in this area. Ask your Dr what tests he/she did and how your B12/ Iron/ VitD/ Liver Function etc was? As these are often indicators of coeliac disease along with the classic coeliac blood test for ttg antibodies + the enzyme blood test.

You may also like...