Hi I am new to this website, although in my haste I have already responded to some of the posts.
I recently found mould in my flat, which had been hidden behind the boxing of the toilet. The exposed black mould has proliferated onto, in addition to the bathroom walls, all walls connected to the bathroom, ie Hallway, at least one bedroom and the storage cupboard. I believe it has spread under my wooden flooring in the hallway as the mould has spread to the opposite walls in the hallway and the flooring has warped to the extent that I could not shut the door. I reported the matter on 4 November 2016 and due to lack of attention by the HA the water leak was not stopped until 21 December 2017. The mould has proliferated in areas up to 2 feet high.
The mould must have been growing for months if not years, which I believe explains why I have not been feeling well for many months and have many symptoms associated with mould. The HA has accepted that it is not to do with my lifestyle, (condensation) and is because, as they say, the toilet pipes were not fitted properly in the first place. (It is a new build property)
My HA are attempting to deal with the problem superficially, by spraying and sealing the walls, disregarding that the mould is likely to be between the walls and under the floor. They have not and did not even test if the walls were sufficiently dry before doing this. They have shown no care whatsoever regarding my health and are not prepared to move me temporarily whilst they carry out the so-called remediation.
I am now placed in the position where the HA is refusing to place me in temporary accommodation whilst they carry out the work because they state that the Environmental Health Officer did not state that I should be moved in his report. When I had initially told him about my health he said that I will have to refer this to my doctor, which I did. The HA has totally disregarded the letters from my GP, my Hospital Consultant requesting that I be moved from the property, at least temporarily. and I have provided them a report from my Environmental Doctor.
The blood tests results that were requested by the Environmental Doctor confirms that I have sensitivity to all the moulds tested (my IgG sensitivity scores range from 3.60 (class I) to 50.60 (class IV). I am awaiting results from a Comprehensive Urine Analysis.
This is my reality.
Any suggestion that anyone can share with me regarding dealing with my HA would be appreciated. I feel I have exhausted all avenues. The Environmental Health Officer has been totally useless and clueless on the impact of mould on the body. This is despite me, through frustration, sending literature from the Surviving Mold website. I feel they should remove the word "Health" from their title. I feel they are siding with the HA.
Best wishes to you all.