Does anyone use an Inhaler whilst having FMD?

Hi everyone!

Thank you to you all regarding my queries regarding EOE - Eosinophilic Oesophagitis.

I've now been prescribed a Fluticosone Inhaler but in my case I don't inhale it but I breath it in and swallow it which puts a coating on my Eosophagus so as to enable me to swallow my food.

I shall also be having Allergy tests soon but I would like to know if anyone using an inhaler finds that it makes their symptoms flare up from time to time.

My spasms have occasionally flared up and I don't know if the steroid inhaler can interact with Baclofen.

My GP wishes me to try it for a few days more to see how I go.

Thanks everyone again.

Kim xx                          

3 Replies

• Hi Kim 

I had to come off inhalers completely as they really affected my condition. I am very sensitive to many medications bow though. There is an interesting link I have just read on the this forum from a lady who replied to someone earlier regarding your condition and a link with vitamin b12 deficiency. 

• Hi there!

Many thanks for your reply.

I'm relieved that I'm not the only one who's had side effects.

Do you have EOE or is it Asthma?

• Hiya Kim!

I use Seretide 250 for bad asthma. Its ingredients are salmeterol/fluticasone propionate.

Every test was done regarding my symptoms and the last neurologist suggested it COULD be a build up of the ingredient. I went on a ventolin inhaler for about six months and my symptoms didn't lessen much, plus I was taking puffs loads in the day as it just wasn't controlling my asthma. 

I'm back on seretide and I have to say I do feel my symptoms have gotten a tad bit more frequent. 

Talk about being caught between a rock and a hard place eh!

Had lots of bloods taken last week to test for heavy metals and auto-immune disorder. 

Constantly investigating :( 

Carolyn x

You may also like...