Has anyone who might have benefited from PGD testing not done the tests and gone ahead with IVF without doing the tests? PGD testing at my clinic is about £5k and we have a 1/4 chance of me passing on a genetic condition for which I have a 50/50 chance of being a carrier of. So 3/4 potential children wouldn’t be affected at all.
We now have the decision of either doing PGD with batched IVF cycles or accepting the 1/4 chance and proceeding without the PGD and then if we are lucky enough to conceive doing amniocentesis. Obviously in a best case scenario we would do all the tests possible to avoid any potential problems at a later stage but in our case we would struggle to afford several rounds of IVF and PGD testing.
Has anyone else faced such an issue? I keep going around in circles as to what the best thing to do is! Help!