Fertility Network UK
12,774 members20,695 posts

Officially started treatment!

After a long 2 and a half years I finally had my injection teach today and it has all began! After a very nervous morning I managed to inject myself under the nurses supervision and feel much better about it all now.

I would like to point out for anyone who is nervous about doing this, don't be.

I know it's easier said than done and i got very overwhelmed and almost started crying as the needle was handed to me. After a big deep breath and picturing he end goal in my head i just went for it and I barely felt it.

I decided to inject in my thigh and I'm glad I did, thanks to my chunky chops it was painless 😂.

Heres hoping it all works now. Good luck to all xxx

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done sweet on doing your first injection first one is always the worst! I inject in my tummy as I'm not short of fat there lol wishing you lots of luck xxx

2 likes

Well done you 👏🏼 It takes sheer guts to put yourself through this journey, especially the injecting part. Put your feet up tonight and have a nice big glass of... pomegranate juice or coconut water! 😂 Xx

2 likes

Wishing you lots of luck on your cycle xx

1 like

Good luck with your cycle. Make sure you are kind to yourself and get plenty of rest. xx

1 like

Good luck with your cycle. We are slightly behind you. Signed the consent forms today and start buserelin 28th Sept. xx

1 like

I started mine yesterday too. Did my first one in my own today. My hands were shaking so bad. Wishing u the best of luck x

1 like

Good luck xx

1 like

I hated the injections. But you just gotta do it. All the best

1 like

Thank you all for your kind and encouraging words. Did the 2nd one today alone, still quite shaky and nervous when doing it but I managed it on the first attempt 😊 I'm sure it will get easier (I hope anyway)

Once again good luck to you all my lovelies xxx

1 like

Well done - first one on your own is scary but yey you've done it xxx

1 like

You may also like...