Where do i go from here

Hie beauties. So i had a MC at 8 weeks and went through D&C and was spotting for 3+ weeks. Spotting stopped and i haven`t had AF in more than 7 weeks. i used to have regular AF. I was eager to try again as soon as i got my AF. Now it`s stressing me. What is wrong with me now considering we did IVF because of male infertility. What should i do?

6 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • I would speak to your clinic and see what they advice x

• Hey Stacia,

Really sorry for your loss. It's really common for a miscarriage to complete muck up your cycle. After my miscarriage I waited about 7 weeks for my first period and when it did come it was very heavy and quite painful. I then went from a regular 28/29 day cycle to sometimes 33/34. It's only recently it's started to regulate a little more.

If it doesn't come within the next few day I'd give your clinic a call just for some advice and reassurance.

Xxx

• So truly sorry for your loss. I hope things settle down for you soon and you're able to try again x

• Hi Stacia

Firstly can I say that I am sorry for your loss. A very distressing time.

I had a MC at 7 weeks and like you I opted for surgery. Again like you our consultant advised us to move forward quickly if we could emotionally manage it. I was having weekly HCG test as the clinic could not start me on a new round of treatment until it was below 5. I have only just got my HCG level to below 5 and that is since 18th January!!!!

Everyone is totally different though and can be back to normal very quickly. My suggestion would be to see if you can get a HCG test done and just see where your levels are at.

I am not sure if this helps but do not panic if AF has not arrived.

Wishing you all the very best with your onward journey.

xxx

• Thank you for your response, very helpful

• So sorry for your loss Hun. It can take a while for your system to get back to normal as your body has had a shock so try not to worry but let your clinic know to see if they can offer reassurance. I know it's frustrating when u feel ready to get on with things so hope it sorts itself out soon for you xxx

You may also like...