Date For Appointment Finally!

Hi Everyone,

Well as I posted before I had an appointment for gynaecology a couple of months ago but I noticed it was for gynaecology not assisted conception unit, we went along only to be told by the doctor she had no idea why I was back there as there was nothing else she could do for me and that the appointment should have been made for assisted conception unit! She apologised but I left feeling hurt and disappointed! 2 weeks later I receive a letter saying our funding has been denied anyway as we don't live together! I called to say we do live together and was told I would have to take proof of that to the clinic! By this time I was stressed beyond belief! I took the proof the same day and waited for another week now we have finally received a appointment for assisted conception on the 18th of December! I have been waiting 2 years now to start treatment and cant help but feel there will be some other sort of delay fingers crossed that I am wrong but god I cant imagine going through this again if it fails and I haven't started it yet! baby dust to you all and best wishes sorry for the rant guys!

9 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Bet your on countdown now til the 18th. Good luck we start in Jan fingers crossed you do to it would be good to have a cycle buddy xx

• Oh yes definitely on the count down but secretly can't help but think there will be some other delay hopefully not I wish you all the luck in the world for January honey and I would of course love to be your cycle partner lots of baby dust to us both eh? Lol good luck sweetie keep us posted as will I xxx

• what date in January honey do you know? xx

• I have to ring the clinic on first day of my January period x

• Oh I see best of luck sweetie lots of baby dust xxx

• Hope your appointment goes well after all your delays! Best of luck and baby dust! x x x

• Thank you honey looks like I'm gunna need it!! Lol xxx

• Hi, I'm just wondering are you in the UK? Because this has been happening to us as well for over 2 years now it's like they just keep finding things to put it off! I've just had another surgery on 20th November which they said I needed to have to have my Fallopian tube removed before they would put us forward for IVF because I've been told for the last 2 yrs that they're blocked. Then I woke up from my surgery to be told they didn't remove them at all because they're not blocked at all!! 😑 So I've been mislead for the last 2 and a bit years and now they're saying that they think I've got a problem with my womb instead and I would be sent an appointment in the post for 4 weeks after my op to go back but I still haven't had that appointment through?!! I'm getting so sick and tired of being fobbed off all the time.

Really glad you have now got your Appointment πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸΌ I just hope we get sorted soon too xxx

• Oh honey I feel for you! Make a day of the week ( mine was Monday) and call them on this day every week until they give you some news pester them and don't let them fob you off I know how frustrating it is believe me and I know that you don't want to be a nuisance or anything but your little miracle relies on it! So you call them explain the delays and how you are feeling to them and I of course wish you all the luck in the world I am having treatment in Sheffield UK I had my tubes plugged a procedure called essure and a polyps removed of my womb also which took forever to come through so I completely understand you just want to get started now explain your concerns to you doctor I did and she wrote to them for me a week later my appointment arrived! So see if yours can do something for you too good luck sweetie xx

You may also like...