Twitches, Myclonic seizures? - Epilepsy South Af...

Epilepsy South Africa
560 members198 posts

Twitches, Myclonic seizures?

Good day

Today (19/06/2019), something happened that has happened a couple of times before. Where I am walking or something and then I "twitch". Best I can do to explain it is like this: the first one was where I thought I heard my phone ringing and as I glanced around it felt as though my muscles spasmed in my upper body (neck and arms). The second happened no more than 10 minutes later where I was walking and it felt like I stepped and almost immediately froze and stepped simultaneously. As though my brain didn't process it.

I've had similar things happen before but I just put it down as "twitching" / muscle spasms. Do I need to worry about this?

3 Replies
oldestnewest

You don't necessarily have to worry, but it would be best to see your doctor for a proper diagnosis. There could be many reasons (with epilepsy only being one) for these symptoms. Your doctor may refer you to a neurologist for further tests.

I have Tonic clinic epilepsy. Which is why I'm just asking for opinions.

It would be best to discuss this with your doctor/neurologist soonest. It happens regularly that someone with one type of seizures may develop different seizures.

You may also like...