Hi all, well I posted in November that they found my son had very abnormal EEG and neuro diagnosed Absence seizures. He started on Epilim, but 2 months later, his hallicinations increased and he started with "black" things (he lost vision for about 30 secs and felt like he was in an earthquake). Also had a few seizures where his arm would twich followed by a state of slight disorientation - for about 20mins. Neuro adviced to increase his epilim (and said seems more that he has Ocipital Lobe Focal Epilepsy) , hallicinations (visual and auditory), rolling back of eyes (but he is consious enough to pull them back down) followed by extreme sleepyness,(feels blurry, dizzy and talks stiltedly and slowly) - also bed wetting for the first time around 5am (happened a few times in last 3 months). Neuro then said to try another Med (and thinks he has Multi Focal Epilepsy) and has booked him in for 2 to 3 days of 24 hour EEG and Video monitoring at Epilepsy Monitoring Unit. BUT suddently as I was waiting to clear his new dose of Meds to start taking him down in prep for the monitoring and Med change - he has stopped any noticable seizuring and in fact is in excellent state. Previously even if not obviously seizuring he would get red eyes, huge pupils and just be dazed and not with-it - unable to do simple maths homework etc, his teacher said he would just stare in distance and be removed from the class. Now I feel hesitant to mess with his Meds but also the whole monitoring thing is now cleared with Med aid, hospital time booked etc - any thoughts - should I go ahead or wait to hit a bad patch again!! (there is always a waiting list for the monitoring but the plan was to reduce his meds so that they can possibly get him seizuring - although neuro said they will get more info from longterm EEG anyway)!
Content on HealthUnlocked does not replace the relationship between you and doctors or other healthcare professionals nor the advice you receive from them.