Endometriosis UK

Fatigue after first laparoscopy

Hi all I’m 23 years old and had my first laparoscopy 17 days ago. Endo found on bowel and pelvic walls and also adenomyosis.

I have felt completely fatigued!! When I wake up from sleeping it feels like I haven’t slept. I have no energy and feel completely drained and shattered. Anyone had a similar experience? Any advice on what I can do to help? Shall I book an appointment with my GP? My post op appointment with my Gynae is in 3 weeks time.

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Was your endo removed during your op?

I think it’s quite normal and nothing necessarily to be too worried about to still be feeling tired at this stage. I think after mine I was still sleeping a lot at night and having long afternoon naps at least for the first couple of weeks. If you’re concerned though definitely speak to your doctor xxx

2 likes

I think it might be quite normal, your body is healing a lot inside and also has had to work through all the drugs they would have pumped into you when you had the op.

I never nap and after my lap I was having a two hour nap in the morning and then another 3 hour nap in the afternoon and still sleeping all night! I went back to work on Friday and only did a half day but was knackered afterwards! Take it easy and obviously you can always go to GP anyway if you are worrying. I imagine it might be one of those things where you just have to be patient with it x

2 likes

Hey xx it takes a good three months to heal inside after a lap and it's very normal to be super tired during this time. This article explains the healing process

centerforendo.com/is-my-end...

Eat for healing, drink lots of water and rest up and be gentle with yourself xx

Nutrition can help support healing, among others vitamins a, c, d and zinc are important as well as protein and omega 3. There is a helpful table in this pdf.

hss.edu/files/Nutrition_for...

4 likes

I had mine around the same time as you and I am shattered!! I just want to get out and do things but then fall asleep on the sofa or need to sit down more. I'm sleeping until about 10-11 everyday which isn't like me!

Think you just need to rest up 😊 lots of water and lots of lounging about.

Maybe get a good box set to binge??

Best of luck! Xxx

1 like

You may also like...