Endometriosis UK
36,664 members32,439 posts

Tramadol withdrawal

Hi everyone,

Just a post for anyone thinking about starting on tramadol really,i have been taking it for about 3 years and have always been careful not to take too much on a bad day 250mg,after being referred to a pain clinic I was told that the body with mimic the pain so that I would need more as time went on,i then started to get palpitations so decided to wean myself off I'm now down to 50mg daily but having awful withdrawal and I honestly wish I have never started taking it.But I have found a real difference in pain since reducing my dose so it just goes to show how powerful the body/brain can be.Tramadol is a great drug for short term if like me you can't tolerate codeine, but avoid it if you can.I hope this helps.

Treez

2 Replies
oldestnewest

I was put on tramadol last week and can say the last 6 days on it have been hell so much so I've called my doc today to see if I can change to the new drug tapentadol as the side effects of the tramadol are bad that I stopped taking them yesterday . The sleeping but being very conscious, the sensitivity to noise, the rash, the shakes and jitters I feel worst than before and still in pain!! I'd rather live with the pain than this especially as I can't drive on them. I was put on 100mg 3 times a day meaning I didn't have much relief to get me through the night and woke up with terrible shakes and muscle spasms!

That seems a very high dose to start with I'm not surprised that you've had all those bad effects I only started on 50mg up to 4 times a day if there's an alternative take it sadly a lot comes down to cost when doctors prescribe medication I hope that you find some relief soon.

Treez

You may also like...