Advice needed

Hi I'm new to this site, after suffering excruciating pain for the last 8 months & been back and forward to the doctors, I've finally been referred to the hospital to see a gynaecologist which has taken 4 months to get an appointment. I've had an ultrasound which revealed cysts on my ovaries but in constant pain everyday, any advice on endometriosis would be grateful x

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi hun, sounds absolutely awful but I feel your pain. After weeks and weeks of waiting I had my gynecology appointment last week and I'm not waiting for an appointment for a laparoscopy.

There's not much advice to give until you have your appointment when you find out what the next steps are, but what I can say is keep pushing.. push your case and make sure they don't just dismiss you. I'm only 21 but have been dismissed since I was 14, and I'm only now getting somewhere. I hope the appointment goes well!

Also - hot water bottles are miracle workers!!!! Buy yourself a nice fluffy one. And call your GP and see if they can prescribe you something for the pain xx

• Thank you so much for your reply, nice to know your not alone, cannot wait for gynaecology appointment next month & hope to have the laparoscopy.

I have been prescribed Naproxen painkillers, do you know if there is any others that help with the pain? And I will be purchasing a hot water bottle too. X

• Maybe try and get some ponstan (mefenamic acid) you get it prescribed by your GP and that does help. Just make sure you properly stick to the dosage - it doesn't work if you don't!! X

• Thank you for your reply will go back to the GP & see if I can get some prescribed for me xx

You may also like...