New job depression and endometriosis

Hi everyone I am new to this site..I need some advise, I have been suffering with depression on and off for years now I was diagnosed with endometriosis in 2014 but have been suffering for years before hand. I was signed off work (old job) for 2months with depression endo is really affecting my physical and mental health massively each and everyday is different I have 3 children 28 years old and finding it really hard to live a normal life. I started a new job within retail working 39 hrs a week, I know it's to soon but I started my new job yesterday luckily today I have a day off I am in pain all over legs are swelling up aching over neck and back I am due back into work tomorrow and I don't know if I am going to be able to do it. I wish I would have said in my interview but I need and want to work and live a normal life but it's affecting me so much I am now worrying getting myself worked up over what do I do with the new job? I've already had 1 lap in 2014 gp has referred me back which I'm still waiting to hear from the hospital for appointment been waiting 3months for. I feel so drained feel sick aching top to toe. How am I going to over come this ? What will I say to work? I don't want to loose my job at the same time I don't have any energy to work 8-9 hour shifts. I feel like I'm failing and letting myself down especially my kids.

3 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • I guess you could ask for part time shifts? I feel for you I was promoted the week of my diagnosis 6 months ago and if I'd known.....it's a struggle.

Have you thought about your own business or retraining for a office job so you are not on your feet all day?

• Thank you for replying..I really don't know how to approach the boss regarding it all and how they going to react I don't want people talking about me or looking at me like I'm unreliable..as it's management I don't really think they would put my hours down..aww bless you this really isn't nice what so ever I do hope you are coping ok with your new role..I have thought about different jobs but I don't have any gcse behind me I have thought about office work but I'm not all that good with spelling go brain dead half the time I did look into driving instructing all this illness is affecting my life relationship friendships home life.

• Thanks Liss89 good luck investigating the driving. Or you could start a cleaning business lots of demand, or go back to school for a couple GCSEs, or do social media online stuff x . You write well here.

Me, just an emotional wreck, spending most of my days trying not to have an emotional breakdown and break down in tears. But every day I survive is a day more of my mortgage. Gotta tough it out as long as I can survive.

You may also like...