Today I found a simple way to make me smile

So today started of rather miserably. The onset of a UTI is causing absolute chaos in my pelvic region. My uterus, Frank and my kidneys are all acting up, so I have to be honest and say I was feeling a little sorry for myself.

But I had a few thinks I needed to do today so I knew I had to change my train of thought. I cannot afford to feel defeated today, I needed my fight back. On my bedside locker I have been keeping a Yankee Candle; the wick had burnt out but there was still a good bit of wax in the bottom. I kept it because I love the smell of the candle, it reminds me of happy times and brings an instant warming comfort. This morning I looked at this candle and i had an idea.

I placed the candle in a pan of boiling water on a low heat, when all the wax had melted I poured some into bun cases and left to set.

Once set i popped one into my owl burner as a tartlet. All day I have enjoyed my favourite comforting scent, and it has lifted my mood and gave me more fight. Sometimes the simple pleasures make all the just have to find them.

Last edited by

You may also like...