Endometriosis UK
34,123 members30,511 posts

Can anyone help in regards to moving county's and changing hospitals during the middle of the process of seeing a gyne?

I'm currently registered in one county and in the process of getting an appointment for the gyne which has taken me 3 and a half months.

I have just moved into another county and was curious if I need to start the process fresh with my new doctor or can I request them to transfer me over to another hospital into a different county??

anybody had this experience?

1 Reply

Hi - if you are in England you can see any specialist you want wherever you live, so if you are happy with the first consultant then you can still go there from your new location if you want. If you want to see someone new who is closer then you will need to go through a new referral process. However, this might be an opportunity to ensure you are being seen by the right specialist. Click my name and have a look at my post on finding a specialist in endo as it is really important that your endo is treated properly whether you are at the beginning of your journey or already along the way with treatment. x


You may also like...