Endometriosis UK
34,090 members30,488 posts


Hi I have been diagnosed with endometriosis since I was 15 years old. Im 24 now and found that the last couple of years ive been getting constant lower back and hip pain. Doctors have done surgery on my left foot thinking that was the cause. However, since my surgery ive been trying to exercise more. The pain is only getting worse codine doesnt touch it I have a doctors appointment today hoping to get something just so I can sleep. I take alot of medication just to control my endometriosis and hope it hasnt got worse. I used to only get pain with my period. Fingers crossed I get a full night sleep tonight. Im just wondering it anyone has any info that could help :-)

2 Replies

Hi - you probably don't have a lot of time to get your info together but click on my username and print off my post on Pouch of Douglas endo and the BSGE list of specialists from the link on my 'finding a specialist' post. If your pain is all the time and seems to affect your left more than your right then you sound very much like you have POD endo which should only be dealt with in a specialist centre. NHS choices allows you to have a referral to any of the centres regardless of where you live. Try and read as much of it as you can but don't worry if you don't have much time today. You have everything you need to tell them you have sought advice from Endometriosis UK (which is backed by the NHS) and want investigating for POD endo. Leave the literature with them. As for pain relief I should ask for a strong anti-inflammatory to try and tide you over. But the most important thing is getting you to the right people. Come back after if you need help in proceeding x.

1 like

Thank u for the information. I am currently in hospital with pus in my tube on the right side pain is bad im on ora morph so cant go home :-/. Doctor thinks its a tendent on the left :-( so i have to do physio before she will go down endo root Xx


You may also like...