Log in
Endometriosis UK
38,076 members33,280 posts

're referred to gynae

Morning ladies

Hope your all okay this morning....

I was diagnosed with pcos and endometriosis last year following a lot of pain, scans and finally a laparoscopy. I had it removed and adhesions burnt away. I then had 6 zoladex injections which were amazing. I was then discharged from gynae and put on the mini pill.... after 4 weeks the pain was back with vengeance. After going backwards and forwards to the doctors I have had to be re referred to Gynae.... nightmare......

I have my consultant appointment on Thursday this week just hope they listen to me and get me right.....

All my love and wishes to all my fellows sufferers xxx

4 Replies

Good luck for Thursday hunny


Thanks hun x


Hi Kirsty

Unfortunately both burning of endo (ablation) and zoladex are only temporary treatments unless the endo is in its mildest form. The fact that yours has returned so soon indicates that you need a more thorough approach by a specialist and not a general obstetrician/gynae. Have a look at my post on how to find a specialist and print off the BSGE list to take to your gynae and ask to be referred on. Check the links at the bottom of my post regarding your rights to go to a specialist of your choice. You may have to wait a while but it will be vital that your next lap is more thorough x


Thank you so much for the reply. I will have a look at your posts and speak to my gp. It really is getting me down as I can't work with the pain I'm in at the moment. Xx


You may also like...