Anyone get hot flashes?

Hi, I'm 19, and I've been ill since 8. When I was 14 I became severe, and since then the way my body seems to tell me that it's had enough and that I've reached my limit by giving me a really uncomfortable hot flash. I also find that the hot weather seems to speed up that process, so I then reach the overheating stage faster than I do in the colder months.

I just really want to know if any one else gets the hot flashes, for the same reason?

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Could it be a reaction to medication? Or like you say it's your body's way of telling you to slow down. For me it's my heart rate, if I do too much it speeds up until I slow down.

• It's not medication because I'm not on any medication for my pain etc, as we couldn't find anything that worked :/ Thanks for the comment :)

• Could it be PoTS? I get hot and sweaty when my heart rate goes up and get dizzy.

Take care

• We thought that might be a possibility at first, because I used to get dizzy a lot, but that rarely happens now, and the hot flashes continue :/ Thanks for the comment, I appreciate your input :)

• You can always try to measure your heart rate/blood pressure when it happens. I hope you find the cause of your hot flushes and get some answers.

Take care and best wishes 😊

• That'a a good idea - I'll try that :) Thank you!

• Hi pugBex.Sorry to hear you're suffering with this, its awful.. I have these -and it's separate from the menopausal ones for me- and I am to have monitoring soon for POTS, it is a suggestion there is a connection as I experience a collection of other symptoms -dizziness,loss of balance, sweating, livedo leg rash, lower leg/ ankle, foot pain, 'fizzing' leg vessels,fatigue or exhaustion- at same time...Or I have sweats and flushes brought on by overexertion, and that too brings on the debilitating symptoms and illness. I was recently told that it could even be to do with my subluxing joints and body working so hard just to function, without -as yet- any joint supports or suitable meds.

I hope you can get some relief. Best wishes xx

• I don't get hot flushes, but I do overheat to a ridiculous extent. I am possibly the only person in the UK who got heat stroke in the Highland Wildlife Park in Scotland Very scary!

You may also like...