Talking to Myself

I found I talk to myself a lot. Am I going bonkers? Then I realized I do this because it helps me think in words easier. Does anyone else do this or is it just me?

Skip

Featured Content

HealthUnlocked User Stories

How did you improve your fitness, general well-being or cope with your illness?

Share your story

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I do that alot!!!

Especially when I am trying to figure something out or trying to get myself together. Don't worry it is completely normal 👍

• I'm constantly thinking to myself unless I'm listening to music. When I try to work quickly or design something I talk out loud to myself. I'm not sure if it's normal but its normal for me.

• Dyslexic people often talk to themselves it helps them process the information more easily especially if it is a task that will be automatic in the future but is not yet, like learning to drive. During my driving lessons, I found I could not do it unless I explained every step out loud. Once the action was automatic I did not need to do this anymore.

I find I have to repress this talking at work because people think I am talking to them or muttering under my breath and they find it confusing. If I was alone I would definitely talk more as it makes my more organised and I can remember things more easily if I talk about them.

• So I am a normal abnormal? :-) Considering what "normals" have done with the world I wear my "weird" label proudly. In fact I made a button that reads "I'm weird...and proud of it."

• Mee too😜

• I have just been reading about you talking to yourself a lot and I have just noticed that my dyslexic son does it as well, if it helps do it, it must be doing something for you without you realising 😀👍🏻

• I think you are normal everyone else is very strange 😂

You may also like...