Dyslexia Action

Talking to Myself

I found I talk to myself a lot. Am I going bonkers? Then I realized I do this because it helps me think in words easier. Does anyone else do this or is it just me?

8 Replies
oldestnewest

I do that alot!!!

Especially when I am trying to figure something out or trying to get myself together. Don't worry it is completely normal 👍

1 like

I'm constantly thinking to myself unless I'm listening to music. When I try to work quickly or design something I talk out loud to myself. I'm not sure if it's normal but its normal for me.

1 like

Dyslexic people often talk to themselves it helps them process the information more easily especially if it is a task that will be automatic in the future but is not yet, like learning to drive. During my driving lessons, I found I could not do it unless I explained every step out loud. Once the action was automatic I did not need to do this anymore.

I find I have to repress this talking at work because people think I am talking to them or muttering under my breath and they find it confusing. If I was alone I would definitely talk more as it makes my more organised and I can remember things more easily if I talk about them.

1 like

So I am a normal abnormal? :-) Considering what "normals" have done with the world I wear my "weird" label proudly. In fact I made a button that reads "I'm weird...and proud of it."

1 like

Mee too😜

1 like

I have just been reading about you talking to yourself a lot and I have just noticed that my dyslexic son does it as well, if it helps do it, it must be doing something for you without you realising 😀👍🏻

1 like

I think you are normal everyone else is very strange 😂

I do too but use had pet dog Darcy use talk to all time but my family tell me stop. Yes I think going bonk too but way dyspraxia also be told half deaf and lost volunteering job for be half deaf.

You may also like...