tvkd
tvkd
in reply to ramana42

Thanks

Question to Google:

"can diabetic eat bananas"

Answer:

THis may be part of a report!!

"However, they also found that eating less fruit did not improve blood sugar control, weight loss or waist circumference. For most people with diabetes, fruits (including bananas) are a healthy choice. ... Even a small banana contains around 22 grams of carbs, which may be too much for your diet plan"

You can read answers to your question in this link :

healthline.com/nutrition/ba...

Most diabetic people can enjoy at least 1 ripe banana a day without problems. You can increase the amount, it will depend on your condition.

A banana has a similar effect to blood glucose as eating almost six teaspoons of table sugar. See these useful sugar equivalent infographics phcuk.org/nice , endorsed by NICE in the UK.

The bananas sold in India and Asia are very different to the one imported to UK!!

May be NICE, UK needs to check the bananas from Asia.

UK, will not allow large import of Asian bananas to UK , but some Sri Lankan shops in UK sells Sri Lankan bana just lik at home!

It depends how ripe they are too. With green sections, the Gi has been measured as 42. The example given in the infographics is the same as that of a ripe banana. For an over-ripe banana the Gi starts to lower again-48.

tvkd
tvkd
in reply to StillConcerned

Thanks

Hidden
Hidden

Useful.

Easy to see under "type of fruit" with spoons.

I feel that it would have been far more helpful if the list of fruits were much longer.

We have more than 7 types of fruit exist on earth, if I'm seeing the list on my dated equipment, correctly?

Fruits are Carbs.

Fruits have pros and cons.

They contain varied antioxidants and vitamins.

Going on synthetic vitamins may not be absorbed too well.

If you have D, it's best to avoid eating it daily.

We need a much better list.

I saw one published in the USA but without spoons.

Portion size is a tricky one.

I noticed people overeat fruits in summer.

StillConcerned
StillConcerned
in reply to Hidden

May I help? The glycaemic load (GL) is determined by the Gi of a food divided by 100, multiplied by the amount of available carbohydrate in the food (g). To find the equivalent teaspoons of sugar, divide the GL by 2.6; the GL of a teaspoon of table sugar.

Hidden
Hidden

If you have found a list of fruits, shown with "spoons", please kindly let me know. . . It takes only a second with "visual measurement" . . .

Thank you.

Praveen55
Praveen55Moderator
in reply to Hidden

Till you get the glucose levels in control NO.

You may also like...