Please guide users to present a question in HealthUnlocked

Many of the questions asked here are vague & does not contain essential details. This adversely affects the utilisation of this site; sometimes it leads to unpleasant transactions. It is felt that this can be easily overcome by preempting some guidelines.

When a user chooses to ask a question, tell them to give their FBS, 2-Hr-PPBS & HbA1c results, when was diabetes diagnosed/noticed, age, height, weight, medicines & dosages, details of food/drink intake (like what, when & how much from one morning to next morning). This will improve the user-friendliness of this great site very much & make it more productive. This may even give a better understanding about the relation between the illness (diabetes) and those factors to the users.

10 Replies

• I fully agree with ShooterGeorge. And also those who are here to promote their buisness, should also be stopped.

• agreed!!!! chuck out the ones using the forum for personal gains thru absurd marketing pronouncements, etc.

• agreed!! however, majority of patients may not have undergone tests most recent at prior to posting or maybe many may have undergone some or all of the tests suggested say, a month or even 2 months ago; concerns of shooterGeorge endorsed, practical and meaningful; yet mental faculties of many do not level-up to that of SGeorge or other few equally intelligent bright minds; better just bear with it all, but those trying to capitalize thru this platform for personal marketing gains should be banned. my apologies if any inconvenience caused.

• Banning MLM products is ok,,,new drugs whether Ayurvedic ,homeopathy ,allopathy,,,members experience should be allowed,,,for ex my self a great beneficiary ,one doctor Nasir khan from solapur/ Bombay advertised about his treatment in this forum,,which I took and am on way to reversing my dia beets,,,,,I am waiting my final results. And completion of course of treatment to share with all of u,,new medicines ,technics and treatments r needed by all of us to get rid of our diabetes

• I missed the report of Dr Nasir khan. could you repeat for me?

• Sir,,it is more than2months in this forum,,so I am also not able to find that now ,,I give below the email of dr ,Nasir khan--diabetescare88@gmail .com

I am being taken care by his asst Dr.Ravi choudary mobile no9920343234 ,,one more asst of dr. Khan is dr tausif khan mobile no 9224287460,,u may please contact them ,,very nice and straightforward. People ,,,I am in chennai ,,before I started treatment ,,I asked for some ref of their patients in chennai ,,,they were kind enough to give names and mobile nos

• What I observe in this forum is that for any question there are five types of reply each putting forth their own point of view which may or may not have relevance to the question under reply. More saddening is many of the replies have commercial motives hidden or explicit. Add to this as Mr.George expressed the queries have insufficient details. As a result the general reader is neither able to appreciate the problem or the remedy.

• Hi Nane,

I personally do not find anything wrong in posting different solutions because all solutions may (and will) not suit all patients. More over each proposer will be (most probably) experienced & convinced of the usefulness of what he/she suggests.

For example when someone is hungry there can be different food suggestions from different persons. Children may like only chocolates, cakes etc to quench their hunger. An elderly Malayalee vegetarian may suggest Dosa, Idly or Rice with Saambaar etc; a North Indian may suggest Fulka Roti & Subji; A non-vegetarian on the other hand masuggest a Mutton Biriyani & pickles or Nan/Noodles with Chillie/Ginger Chicken.

Why textile shops keep varieties of Sarees, Churidars or Shirts? Simply because EACH INDIVIDUAL IS UNIQUE PHYSICALLY, MENTALLY, etc.

When Penicillin saves the lives of millions, some die due to its adverse reaction. It is due to the combined effect of the individual's body constitution & of the drug. Otherwise why there should be hundreds of tablets for treating Diabetes?

People with petty mind will always try to misuse opportunity like healthunlocked to their advantage.

• You are very right sir. this has become a virtual platform for marketing by many and a mere discussion board. Creating awareness and suggestions for lifestyle shall be more important. Thank you.

• Many of our users are very curios to know how to get treated for the diabetes. Before getting any suitable answers from different viewers, it is very essential to feed some relevant information for better understanding to resolve the issues

The users should first tell their brief history like what is his/her age, height, weight, when was he/she diagnosed , what are the medicine he/she is taking, what is their food habits, whether he/she has undergone HBA1C test ( Once in 6 month), is so what is the result etc. Only after getting all the relevant information , any well wisher would suggest , what is to be done.

Hence it is our earnest request to all our new users to provide basic necessary information , so that he/she will get sufficient feed back.. Those, who want to boost their business through this site, and by giving their E mail ID or phone numbers and being asked to contact , should be totally ignored. This is not the right forum for them to extract money from poor and helpless patients. Hope the business minded people will take a note of this. If one really wants to help us in getting cured , he should suggest the medicine or any suggestions "FREE OF COST". If needed they can send Free samples of medicines, herbal powders, Herbal capsules etc to the individual and request to use their medicine and give feed back through this site. The diabetic patients like me, who is always going through this site and noted various suggestions I could be able to control my diabetic within one year. . Anybody can approach me for suggestion and I am always ready to provide necessary guidance ( my limited knowledge) and with my past experience.

Hope this will clear all the doubts and all the new users will follow these guidelines in near future.

080-28600202., 07259298926

DATED: 06-09-2013. .

You may also like...