Diabetes & Hypertension Help Society
10,146 members1,186 posts

how to control hypertention

hi everyone .. iam new here and want to share my condition .. all day long i always think about that i might get diabetic although right now i am non diabetic . my A1C is 5.4 FS is 93 but i just cant control my feelings and thought about it .. help me out guyzz

20 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi rabbbani. Do you have high blood pressure? Do you have a large waistline? Do you have high-triglycerides/low HDL? Do you have a tendency to inflammation or blood clotting?

Do you eat a high-glycaemic load? Do you eat anomalies such as low-fat dairy or baked beans that spike insulin despite being low Gi? Do you eat too much protein?

thanks for ur reply ... yes my BP was always like 135/85,90 and something like that .. my waist is 36 .. my hdl is 39 , triglycerides are 121 .. no i dont eat lot of glycaemic food bro ..

What are you eating rabbbani, because your results indicate metabolic syndrome (insulin-resistant syndrome) although you would have to be diagnosed by a health professional.

That implies you are having things that you may be unaware are raising your insulin levels abnormally high, and unfortunately insulin assays are not normally available.

1 like

i just eat fruits , normal rice and bread ... and what does it means insulin resistant syndrome ..

It means your body is unable to use insulin properly, caused by chronic, excessively high insulin levels.

Lowering the amount of sugar the foods break down to in your body will help. Look at these sugar equivalents charts phcuk.org/sugar and aim to reduce what you have, particularly the ones listed with a high-Gi figure.

it means i am not diabetic as iam producing insulin ..what all i need is to modify my lifestyle

Type 2 diabetes is the extreme of a continuum of insulin resistance. The changes necessary to avoid progression of the condition shouldn't be undervalued. Good luck!

yeah i got it man ... so what is ur suggestion in this regard to avoid diabetes ?

1 like

Hi rabbbani,

Have you consulted with your doctor about the changes to make in your diet before doing this? Diet and exercise may help with the blood sugars, but if you haven't asked your doctor about this already, please call the doctor's office and schedule an appointment to get the okay before starting the exercise/new diet to be on the safe side of things. No one wants anyone getting hurt/sick. :-)

1 like

yeah my doctor just told me to walk for 30 minutes daily and he want me to avoid oily and more spicy foods ....

1 like

Do you have stomach issues when you eat oily or spicy foods?

o yeah .. my tummy got tooo heavy sometimes when i eat these type of foods ..and other issues are also there like gastristis

Have you been tested for gluten issues?

nope .. but i tested my H PYLORI positive ..

1 like

Please ask your doctor to test you for gluten issues. There may be a gluten sensitive/gluten intolerance and is causing stomach pains. I have a wheat issue with the gluten.

1 like

See your doctor, then read this phcuk.org/wp-content/upload...

1 like

yeah i did took a look at these .. thanks mate

1 like

Wrt the attachments in the link... The only thing left to be consumed is eggs! Is there any list wrt Indian meals that has GI reference also!

Reduce the intake of carbohydrate in your diet and don't be afraid of consuming healthy fats e.g. butter, ghee, coconut oil, olive oil. Lead an active and stress-free lifestyle - meaning walk for an hour every day or equivalent exercise and laugh frequently.

1 like

thanks alot praveen 😊

You may also like...