Couch to 5K programme

Hey there, I am 47 and was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last year. I have managed to control my condition quite well with metformin and even began to exercise early this year and lost eight pounds, but then I change my routine at work and began working on a different unit and put the weight back on. I have recently began the C25K programme and hope this will help me to loose weight again. I will keep you guys posted on how it goes.

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • yes, keep posting. I'm trying to lose weight as well, so far managed 5 lbs in 6 months. Not good enough. I even bought an exercise bike, 2 x 1 kg weights and a scruncher. I had to stop line dancing, my favourite exercise, because I now need a new hip. I'm 73 and in desperate need of a suitable ex. programme. I don't know if it's my hip or just old age that is slowing me down. What is the C25k programme? If it involves running, I'm out. :(

• Morning Jan-ran, unfortunately C25K is a running programme for those who are couch potatoes and running for the first time to gain their first 5K run, so sorry

• Good luck. Join the Couch to 5K forum on Health Unlocked - it is a great place. I too have diabetes - must be 7 years now :( I haven't lost any weight through running but my body shape has changed - muscles gained fat lost maybe. I did the 5:2 diet last autumn and lost over a stone in 3 months, put it back on in 8 months (didn't do the maintenance program which is essentially 6:2) and started it again in May,

The running is great exercise, keep us posted

You may also like...