Aromatic-turmerone induces neural stem ce... - Cure Parkinson's

Cure Parkinson's

20,179 members21,319 posts

Aromatic-turmerone induces neural stem cell proliferation in vitro and in vivo 2014

Bolt_Upright profile image

I stole these links from a JAS9 post from 3 months ago: healthunlocked.com/cure-par... Thanks JAS9! Re-posting to add information.

Aromatic-turmerone induces neural stem cell proliferation in vitro and in vivo 2014 stemcellres.biomedcentral.c... "Both in vitro and in vivo data suggest that ar-turmerone induces NSC proliferation. Ar-turmerone thus constitutes a promising candidate to support regeneration in neurologic disease."

Anti-inflammatory effects of aromatic-turmerone through blocking of NF-κB, JNK, and p38 MAPK signaling pathways in amyloid β-stimulated microglia 2012 sciencedirect.com/science/a... "These results suggest that ar-turmerone impaired the Aβ-induced inflammatory response of microglial cells by inhibiting the NF-κB, JNK, and p38 MAPK signaling pathways. Lastly, ar-turmerone protected hippocampal HT-22 cells from indirect neuronal toxicity induced by activated microglial cells. These novel findings provide new insights into the development of ar-turmerone as a therapeutic agent for the treatment of neurodegenerative disorders."

I looked into Turmeric Essential Oil last month but could not find any that was edible, much less able to be injected into my cranium, so I bought some of this: Plant Therapy USDA Certified Organic Turmeric CO2 Essential Oil 10 mL (1/3 oz) 100% Pure, Undiluted, Therapeutic Grade amazon.com/gp/product/B01KW... and I diluted it with about 90% olive oil and rub some under my nose about 4 or 5 times a day.

Does it help? I have not been diagnosed with PD, I have REM Sleep Behavior Disorder. I do have a sore left shoulder and sore left leg and today they feel better, but I do A LOT OF THINGS (just got my Hydrogen Water Generator today!).

14 Replies

Striking resemblance between ar-turmerone and cinnamaldehyde, the active ingredient in cinnamon, which is helpful for Parkinson's. Click on the "+" button below to see.

My report on cinnamon:

healthunlocked.com/cure-par...

Chemical structures of ar-turmerone and cinnamaldehyde
Rhyothemis profile image
Rhyothemis in reply to park_bear

but does it convert to benzoate - which is the active metabolite as reported in the Raha et al. (2020) study

park_bear profile image
park_bear in reply to Rhyothemis

Good point. I spent some time looking and was unable to find the metabolites of turmerone.

Rhyothemis profile image

I tried cinnamon yesterday and it did not make me break out into an itchy rash - yeah! (allergy issues have been improving lately)

But I'm right now having a terrible hypoglycemia attack (hypoglycemia attacks have been increasing overall lately)

😞

Oh well, back to the drawing board ...

park_bear profile image
park_bear in reply to Rhyothemis

Indeed it appears that cinnamon can lower blood sugar. I shall add a warning about this to my report.

Rhyothemis profile image

I'm prone to them and these past few months they have been more frequent and any little thing (cold shower, exercise) seems to set them off. Most people would probably benefit from the blood sugar lowering effect, but I think there is at least one other person on the forum who has problems with hypoglycemia attacks, so a warning is probably a good idea.

Gcf51 profile image
Gcf51 in reply to park_bear

Consider; Vit. K2 (MK-7) - C46H64O2, C15H20O - Ar-Turmerone, C15H26O – Farnesol, C6H14O6 – Mannitol, Sugar - C12H22O11... I threw sugar in there for fun, they are all hydrocarbons.... All the others are "or" are being studied as possible reversal...

You're welcome, Bolt. I think I'll try this too! It's mostly fantasy, of course; we're unlikely to find the holy grail at a yardsale, but wouldn't it be grand if we did? Consider me a guinea pig #2. As long as you drop the "inject into cranium" idea...

I take Doterra turmeric capsules which includes the oil. They have a dual chamber capsule with oil and extract. They also have the essential oil which they claim can be taken internally.

Interesting: doterra.com/US/en/p/doterra...

Thanks. I couldn’t figure out how to get the link pasted. I trust Doterra products. They seem to have a large dedicated following. I also take their serenity softgels at night.

I just finished a bottle of this (60 days). I think it is working and i have high hopes. Seems to deliver all the promises of Turmeric Supplements better than any I have ever tried. It is advertised as most bio-available. According to HTN, "BCM-95 Curucumin as per supplier of the ingredient has about 4 to 4.5% total turmerones so it would be about 26mg per cap as calculation." If you have a problem with large pill order a smaller cap, looks like available in 650, 500, and 300 caps.

walmart.com/ip/Curcumin-650...

Bolt_Upright profile image
Bolt_Upright in reply to Gcf51

Great information. Thanks for sharing. I had switched to this B95 brand also: amazon.com/gp/your-account/...

I need to add a disclaimer. Something to keep in mind, the problem with being your own human guinea pig with Parkinson’s; is in PD the placebo effect is strong, because dopamine is produced when you (think) there’s improvement. I’m practicing a little of; what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, I’m not exposing all because I don’t want to be responsible for someone’s death. I use as my gage how much L-dopa do I need – I’m currently taking 3 a day down from 11.

I am also using DoTerra essential oils; One drop in a cup of coffee is not buffer or me, I mix in a protein shake, 6 drops made my kidneys hurt and I had heart pains – my phone was in my hand ready to call 911 wen the heart pain cleared after less than 5 minutes. I’m current taking 3 drops with an occasional accidental fourth drop a day. In the morning, in the evening I did not sleep the entire night.

You may also like...