Pain in back of knees

Hi all

I have just completed week 3 run 2 and for the last week or so I have been experiencing awful pains behind my knees when I squat, kneel, bend my leg underneath myself when I try to sit down. It's a really sharp shooting pain behind my knees and I couldn't even lower myself into the bath just now.

This is the first exercise I have ever really enjoyed and I don't want to have to give it up. Any tips or ideas??

I am overweight and I know that probably doesn't help.....

Thanks

Lauren

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Get thyself to the doctor's, pronto. Don't like the sound of that.

• Lauren, I had pain behind my knees as well, plus a feeling like they could buckle beneath me at times. I had pain, but not sharp shooting pain. It could just be weak muscles/joints or it could be something serious. If you just ran, I would give it a day to see if the pain eases up. If you continue with sharp pain, a visit to a professional may be in order. I wear a light support on my knee when I run and it seems to really help stabilize it. Good luck and let us know what you find out. Gayle

• Thanks guys

Whilst walking and running its totally fine just literally in any of the positions like I said I'm my earlier post... I think it might be time to talk to a physio..... I so don't want to have to give this up though .

• Laucor - dont be disheartened!! but probably best you get it checked out. best safe than sorry. it could be that they "simply" recommend some exercises to help, and you take it a bit slower in the running?

best wishes and let us know

ali :-)

You may also like...